Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Jul 08, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

40th birthday on DCL-we're on board!

So after going through the famous ears (11.15 or 11.30?), we have our photo taken by the ship photographers. Turns out not to be the best of photos.

Next we are about to be welcomed aboard when the girl finds out we are Scottish, she asks us to wait until she finds a CM who is also Scottish to do our welcome in his Scottish accent. She can't find him so does it herself, announcing us as "the Murray Family all the way from Scotland!" We enjoy our few seconds of fame and applause and then are joined by another CM who expains the lunch options to us. We opt for Parrot Cay as breakfast seems a long time ago.

We familiarise ourselves with the set-up for lunch and just as we sit down, look who appears! We are all delighted and so enjoy our time with Minnie as the restaurant is still relatively quiet.

And then we think, well why not us too!
Parrot Cay is filling up so we decide to explore the ship. The stateroom is not ready yet so we stop off for a couple of these...

Mmmmm, I make the mistake of having two(well the second one was half price) and THEN standing up. I guess I was still finding my sea-legs! Ha! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
The girls are desperate to see the room so we allow them to go and see if its ready, on the promise that they take plany of photos before the room gets messy.
We are in a Cat 8 on Deck 5.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 08, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

The girls have bought some nautical and beach jelly things that stick to glass so they decorate our porthole.

You can see the Carnival sensation docked in the background. The RCCL Mariner of the Seas is docked on the other side of the Wonder.

Its soon time for the Safety Drill and we have good fun with our life jackets.

DD9 is delighted with a gift that has been left for her.

It contains a lovely 6x4 photo album an a picture frame(below). The box is ideal for saving all our Personal Navigators and mementoes.
Old 28 Jul 08, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely photgraphs have a fantastic time and thanks for sharing your report.
Old 28 Jul 08, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

It all looks so lovely!

Jodie
Old 28 Jul 08, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

I love your photos!
Old 28 Jul 08, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Time for the sailaway party so we grab our cameras and the bubbles we had brought to blow.Everyone is given streamers to wave and its lovely to see them all sparkling in the sun at the party. We join in with the dancing on Deck9 and have a ball.

As we are early seating for dinner, we shower and change and head off to Animator's Palate.
Our server's introduce themselves as Witt, from Thailand and Elisabeth from Hungary. Witt, is a scream and just a joy to have around and Elisabeth feels like a long lost friend.

I feel that there is so much to take in on the first night, the menu, the servers, other people at tables nearby chatting, that I wish I had been at this restaurant further into the cruise when I could have appreciated it more. Another reason to cruise again I suppose.

DD9 asks for ketchup and Witt does this...

These are the little touches which the girls(even DD13) loved.
After dinner(which was superb) we head to the show, The Golden Mickey's, where DD9 is chosen to appear on stage as a dwarf.

The show was fantastic and then we head to Who wants to be a Mouseketeer? Guess who's number comes up...
You are allowed a partner so Big Sis goes up for moral support. DD9 gets all the questions correct(and the last one was really hard!) and she wins a magnetic picture holder and they both get and exclusive pin for taking part. All this on the first night!

Exhausted, we fall into bed at the end of our first day.

NEXT INSTALMENT-CASTAWAY CAY
Old 28 Jul 08, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Fantastic Lesley... great to read about your cruise

Love the last photo, very cute.
Old 28 Jul 08, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Lesley
Your trip report brings back so many good memories and it doesn't seem like almost a year since we were on the Wonder. DS is a Tomato sauce lover and we were panicking that they wouldn't have any on the ship (he would eat it with pudding if we let him! ) We loved the mickey touch to the sauce. The shows were fab. DS was asked if he would go up on the stage but he wouldn't go.
Did you come across anyone else from Scotland on your cruise? We didn't hear any other british voices on ours. One of the Catering managers was from Perthshire and one of the servers was from Edinburgh. Can't wait to read some more!
Jackie
Xmas 2009 - Highgrove Villa, Perry's Ocean Edge, Daytona, Grand Floridian.
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 08, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely photos. Thank you so much,

Dawn
Old 28 Jul 08, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Sounds fantastic

...could be the makings of a plan for our 40ths
elise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List