Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 15, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I haven't been on here for a while, but I am back!

Hi everyone, some of you might remember me. I havent been around much but are now planning another florida holiday probably 2017 or as soon as all the money is saved! My daughter 12 is begging to go back, so it would be rude not to give into her wailing lol! We can only go (says dh) if the majority is spent at the beach, so I am thinking four days orlando and 10 days at the gulf coast. Anyone know the best beach for swimming and not getting eaten by a shark or stung by jelly fish? Hello again my fellow Florida Fanatics
Old 21 Apr 15, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Welcome back! Have you thought about Naples? Fabulous beaches but other things to do as well, there's the zoo which is lovely a couple of nice malls for the all important shopping and great restaurants. We go there every year now, we are staying at the Bellasara this time, the rooms are like apartments with full kitchens so money saved on breakfast and picnic lunches on the beach! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Norway
Getting to know the DIBB

We spent a week in Naples last summer, loved it! Great beaches, and lovely little town. Pretty up-market, expensive shops and great restaurants. We also spent a few days at Clearwater, stunning beaches - and lots of people. Naples was a lot more quiet. Marco Island is also an option, we went there for a day trip. We ended the holiday in the Keys, that was lovely too, although I would stick with the Gulf coast for the beaches.

We stayed here in Naples: naplesbeachhotel/ It was right on the beach, with amazing views of the sunset.

And here in Clearwater: starwoodhotels/sherat...language=en_US
Norway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
thedriver
Proud to wear my Ears

We are doing something similar this year.

4 days at orlando, then a 5 night carnival cruise from tampa, then a 3/4 days at fort myers beach, and then back to Anna Marie, for 2 nights, with the final day at busch gardens, airport hotel that night then early flight home next day.

We thought it meet everyones needs - kids want parks - so seaworld 14 day combo ticket, ticked that box, the dear wife wanted a cruise, so ticked that box - and I just wanted to chill on the beach...which hopefully will be done at fort myers beach and AMI.

looking forward to it.
thedriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
thanks Guys, Naples looks gorgeus, is the sea safe and what airport to you fly to? i was thinking Tampa and then driving to Orlando which we have done before but then possibly flying back to london from a nearer airport.

Edited at 08:19 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by thedriver View Post
We are doing something similar this year.

4 days at orlando, then a 5 night carnival cruise from tampa, then a 3/4 days at fort myers beach, and then back to Anna Marie, for 2 nights, with the final day at busch gardens, airport hotel that night then early flight home next day.

We thought it meet everyones needs - kids want parks - so seaworld 14 day combo ticket, ticked that box, the dear wife wanted a cruise, so ticked that box - and I just wanted to chill on the beach...which hopefully will be done at fort myers beach and AMI.

looking forward to it.
Sounds like my lot, I just want to go and not fussed what we do as long as I am not cooking. My daughter wants IOA and possibly bush gardens, we are giving Disney a miss as have been so many times. We are taking middle ds so he can go on the rides. My husband just wants a lovely beach, a nice meal and a cold beer!
Old 21 Apr 15, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Hey Sandra!, planning again I see. Nice to have something to look forward to isn't it. We're looking to squeeze a few days in at the beach this year, Anna Maria again probably.
Lovely to see you back
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Hi and welcome back. DD and I were thoroughly down in the dumps when we came back and the only way to cheer her up was to book again. (She is 34 in July and I am 61 in June. ) We are both so excited as she is getting married while we are there. Three weeks this time so heaven knows what we will be like when we get back
At least she will be busy with her new hubby.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Hey Sandra!, planning again I see. Nice to have something to look forward to isn't it. We're looking to squeeze a few days in at the beach this year, Anna Maria again probably.
Lovely to see you back
Hi Dawn I was looking for somewhere to go next year, came back from Rome last week. My daughter was saying please can we go back to Florida because she wants to go to island of adventure again, dh said I want to relax, so I am trying to compromise. I dont know if we will go next year or 2017 I have to save hard! Nice to be back I couldnt keep away lol!
xx
Old 22 Apr 15, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I bet Rome was lovely Sandra, blimey it's been twenty years or more since I went to Rome, it's so beautiful. It's tricky to plan holidays when different people want different things, but Florida has lots of choices... too many it sometimes seems... my head is spinning trying to sort out this years trip!
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread