Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Visiting the Boardwalk

Hi, we want to have a look around the boardwalk one day, can we just drive there? Do we need a meal reservation to get in?!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

No anyone can go and have a wander round. It's a really lovely place to spend the evening, there's street entertainment and lots to see and do. If your staying onsite they'll San your magic band if you're not you will need to show ID.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lana Del Love
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

If you are not sure about parking up..get the boat from Epcot. We did this to break the day up and it made a nice change. The boats are enclosed though unlike the Universal ones and get very stuffy and hot!
Lana Del Love is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
wildwood
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Lovely place to spend a few hours , when you arrive they will ask what is the purpose of your visit and we say to use the boardwalk resturants facilties , they then ask for I'd so show your driving licence is the best and they will ask you to patk in the car park on the left .
wildwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 15, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Just a warning that if you go when a convention is on or in the evening during any of the EPCOT festivals (Food and Wine in particular) you may have problems parking. We have often had to park in the lot across the street and last year even that lot was closed for a while. If you're planning on visiting in the day you should be ok though. Btw, if you are already in HS or EPCOT, you can walk/ get the boat from there - just another option.
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mango66
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CheshireCaty View Post
Just a warning that if you go when a convention is on or in the evening during any of the EPCOT festivals (Food and Wine in particular) you may have problems parking. We have often had to park in the lot across the street and last year even that lot was closed for a while. If you're planning on visiting in the day you should be ok though. Btw, if you are already in HS or EPCOT, you can walk/ get the boat from there - just another option.
I might take a walk while in Epcot as you suggested .. Does the walk start around the UK - Paris area of the park ?

Thanks.

Edited at 07:00 PM.
mango66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mango66 View Post
From Epcot, am I right in thinking you get there by walking from the around the bridge area just past the Harry Ramsden chippy.
Yes you do - instead of turning left over the bridge into France just carry straight on down the slope and you'll come to the international gateway turnstiles. You then pass the boat dock where you can catch the boat to the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin or Beach Club or you can walk up the slope and carry straight on to Yacht and Beach Club and Swan and Dolphin or turn left over the bridge towards ESPN and the Boardwalk Resort. The lake is in the centre of a bit looped pedestrian boardwalk lined with those resorts, shops and restaurants.

Hope that helps
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mango66
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CheshireCaty View Post
Yes you do - instead of turning left over the bridge into France just carry straight on down the slope and you'll come to the international gateway turnstiles. You then pass the boat dock where you can catch the boat to the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin or Beach Club or you can walk up the slope and carry straight on to Yacht and Beach Club and Swan and Dolphin or turn left over the bridge towards ESPN and the Boardwalk Resort. The lake is in the centre of a bit looped pedestrian boardwalk lined with those resorts, shops and restaurants.

Hope that helps
Thanks CC - I did edit my post slightly but had a feeling it was around that area, I wondered what was down there but never went to have a look - Il certainly take a venture down there to have a look round now, it does look really nice.

Thanks for your reply.
mango66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 15, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread