Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Sep 15, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

aww I had that shrimp skewer meal last year it was lush, I'm regretting not booking trex this trip now lol

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Fab so far!

We have T-Rex booked for dinner on our first full day too. Didn't know you could get fancier drinks than just soda, so thanks for the tip.

Can't wait to read more.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Ohhh t Rex looks the business
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Brilliant report so far! Looking forward to the rest
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by nicki2014 View Post
aww I had that shrimp skewer meal last year it was lush, I'm regretting not booking trex this trip now lol
It was so good! One of my favourite meals of the holiday!

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Fab so far!

We have T-Rex booked for dinner on our first full day too. Didn't know you could get fancier drinks than just soda, so thanks for the tip.

Can't wait to read more.
We got into the habit of asking what drinks we were entitled to and most places offered more than just soda, which was ace!

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Ohhh t Rex looks the business
It really was. A lot of people think it's too noisy but we loved it!

Originally Posted by Aimee_K View Post
Brilliant report so far! Looking forward to the rest
Thankyou!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 3 - Hollywood Studios

Today was Hollywood Studios day! We had another fairly early start this morning and got to HS not long after opening. No breakfast today but, to be honest, we rarely had breakfast whilst away as we were usually still full from the night before

We actually started the day with a couple of frozen cocktails from Anaheim Produce. Again, we were on honeymoon after all These were a frozen margarita and a seasonal colada (which I think was raspberry) and they were STRONG. Delicious though.

After a few rides (Tower of Terror is still the only ride in Orlando that scares me witless) we were getting hungry and headed to Fairfax Fare to use a couple of QS credits. Hotdog topped with pulled pork and coleslaw, with chips and a cupcake (which I think was a limited run) for Ainge. Pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw for me, with a vanilla cake with chocolate custard for dessert. Both the hotdog and the pulled pork sandwich were great. The desserts less so. My cake was very watery at the bottom and it was around about this point that I started to get a bit sick of the desserts with every meal (I'm more of a savoury person and felt like I was eating them for the sake of it).

We had a long wait inbetween fastpasses in the afternoon (I wasn't so great at planning these in advance tbh and will hopefully do much better next time) so headed for a bit of refreshment at the Backlot Express. A Dos Equis for Ainge and an Angry Orchard for me. It was here that our server noticed our "Happily ever after" pins and asked if I wanted "a shot" in my cider. I said yes, obviously (honeymoon... ) and he proceeded to put about 8 shots of Fireball whiskey into the cider! To be fair, it tasted like a boozy alcoholic pie (ie; delicious) but we were both rather tipsy after it. Thankfully we split it or I'd have been snoozing in a hedge!

We did our final few rides and then headed to the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater for our 8pm ADR. I totally failed to get any photos of the food here and, tbh, it was probably too dark to get any decent pictures anyway. Ainge was suffering from meat-fatigue at this point and decided to go for the chicken pasta, which was done in a garlic-basil cream sauce. I had the strip steak with cheesy mash, vegetables and onion rings. Ainge had a chocolate milkshake for his DDP drink and I think I had a pomegranate lemonade (they don't seem to have this on the menu anymore though). We both also had a Long Island Lunar Tea which was strong but delicious!

For dessert I had the hot fudge sundae and Ainge had the House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar (White and Dark Chocolate Mousse layered with crispy Pearls sandwiched between Sponge Cake and dipped in Chocolate Gananche). Both were really good but we were stuffed by this point! We loved Sci-Fi and would definitely return. The theming was fantastic and we thought the food was excellent. Our waitress was also great and dealt really well with some very grumpy Americans who were in the car in front of us. Grumpy/rude Americans became a running theme throughout the whole holiday tbh and I really felt for a lot of the CMs/servers who had to deal with them.

Looking back, this was quite a boozy day! Total fail with most food pictures this day but hopefully it'll get better
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream

Edited at 04:34 PM.
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Great start xxx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Great start!

Look forward to reading more
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 4 - Epcot and Yachstman Steakhouse

We were up early again today and off to Epcot. We had 3 fastpasses in the morning and had a bit of a wait before our FP for Soarin'. We grabbed a bit of breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and just shared the breakfast platter with orange juice for one QS credit (no photo ). Once all our fastpasses were used we went for a wander around the WS. We bought a couple of drinks from La Cantina de San Angel - a frozen mango margarita ($9.95) for me and a Dos Equis beer ($8.50) for him - and then the heavens opened. We stuck our stylish () ponchos on and, in true British fashion, sat in the rain and drank our drinks. Luckily the shower passed fairly quickly and that was the last rain we saw that day.

To go with our drinks, we used a snack credit on a kung pao chicken bun from the China Flower & Garden Festival stall. This was gorgeous and, as it should have been $5.75, well worth a snack credit.

Ainge is a sushi fiend so we shared the Tokyo Sushi Combo from Katsura Grill for lunch. We chose a cookie and a bottle of water as part of the dining plan and this was one QS credit. The sushi was fantastic. Really fresh and lovely and light after all the stodge!

To counteract the lightness of the sushi, we got one of these babies A jalapeno cream cheese pretzel from somewhere in the American pavillion. AMAZING. This was so so good and I can see why they are so popular with dibbers!

After wandering the whole of the WS and buying a few bits and pieces in the Japan pavillion shop, we headed back to the CBR to get ready as we had an exciting ADR at 7.20pm. I know it's not a popular choice on here but we both love steak and, as we only wanted to do one signature during our trip, we chose to go to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We got the bus to Hollywood Studios and then the boat to Yacht Club. We were a bit early for our ADR so we took a seat in the Crew's Cup Lounge and had a glass of prosecco each.

We started with the amazing onion bread, served with roasted garlic and butter (no picture but there are plenty in the food reports on here if you want to see ). This was gorgeous and I could have eaten about three baskets of it! We both chose the same thing to eat, which was the 21 day dry-aged 18oz Kansas City strip steak, served with malt vinegar fries, black garlic aļoli and chimichurri. This was unbelieveable and definitely the best steak either of us have ever eaten. The steaks were huge but I'm not even ashamed that we ate every single mouthful.

I'm a huge peanut butter fan and therefore had to have the Chocolate-Peanut Cake for dessert. This came with pretzel dust and salted caramel gelato. It was absolutely glorious, although I was so full from my entree that I'm not sure I fully appreciated it. Unfortunately Ainge's dessert doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore and I can't for the life of me remember what it was, other than that it was chocolate! He loved it though.

We had a bottle of lovely red wine with dinner and really really enjoyed this meal. Our server was very attentive, the atmosphere was lovely and we just adored the whole experience. As the steaks should have been $59 each it would have been a very expensive meal without DDP (as it's a signature restaurant, we used 4 TS credits) so we felt very lucky to be there. We would definitely go back and I'd be hard pushed not to order exactly the same thing next time!

Edited at 04:46 PM.
Old 15 Sep 15, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report.. we are staying at CBR next month..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List