Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Jun 16, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

No idea if we had breaky... It was our MNSSHP day so we were pacing ourselves

Lunch time consisted of ice cream. Who doesnt love a Mickey shaped lolly?! I am not one for biting into it, but the Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich is an easy eat. I had no problem at all munching through that bad boy. Im usually a magnum kind of gal, but thought i would push the boat out! Tim joined me with the same frozen treat. Whenever i feel a need for a bit of Disney we buy the oreo ice cream sandwiches, not the same but pretty close.

Abs went for the Mickey Premium Bar. How can there be an ice cream better than a magnum? Maybe we were just caught up in the Disneyness, but these were a hit with my cherubs. So smooth... and it wouldnt be a good ice cream without getting it on your fingers

Issy went for Olafs Frozen Lemonade and strawberry bar. She managed to get through a good bit, and it tasted ok, sharp but tasty, but there were just too many 'bits'. Im just thankful Abs didnt choose it or it would have been melt-down city. (Im not painting her in a very good light am I?)

Late Lunch early dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express! we had wandered aimlessly around Downtown Disney and we were all at breaking point with the heat and hunger. Not that it wasn't on the to do list!

What a delightful wee place. Loved the calmness of it (maybe it was a quiet period...) and the food. CM's chattering away to us and making a fuss of the girls hair, its pretty long and mega thick! Isobel is my real life Rapunzel.

Abs chose the pepperoni pizza. She doesnt do cheese but likes it melted... It had an awfully sweet sauce so Isobel munched part of it.

Tim chose the Barbequed Chicken Pizza - BBQ chicken, cilantro and caramelised onion. A lovely tasting pizza however the onions werent caramelised like we knew it so that was a bit of a downfall, but it was scoffable so surely thats all that matters.

I think i chose the bacon -wrapped meatloaf sandwich - Smoked Mozzarella, Garlic Aļoli and Crispy Onion Rings served with House-made Chips. Loved, loved, loved this! not as much as the cuban sandwich from cheesecake factory, but it was a winner none the less. My first big error that i made... expecting chips not crisps... they were ok, Tim liked them, but he likes those burnt tasting crisps ahem i mean kettle crisps.

Isobel went for the Macaroni. This one was my favourite that she tried, it was cheesy, warm deliciousness. The pasta was a great size for easier scoff-ability, less mess is always a bonus! We were on the high stools and it could have been a right mess if any had escaped her clutches. She said it was lovely, but a bit drier than she likes. Nothing was left on her plate which, tbh, probably doesnt mean anything as she is an animal with pasta. This isnt a mid munch shot, she was really getting into the swing of getting her food pictures taken and started to pose!

Edited at 12:00 AM.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Great start to a food report - looking forward to reading the rest
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Its time! we are off to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party!

I left my outfit at home including all underwear so we had shopped a wee bit in the previous days. It was also Tim's Birthday! What a way to celebrate.

Issy chose the theme, originally Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but when she spotted the Pan outfit that was it decided. Abs made a pretty good Tinkerbell and both were delighted when we visited the Real Tink.

Gaston's Tavern was on our hit list. Tim was given a wee cupcake for his costume, which i reckon he was a bit delighted by and it went to his head.

He will kill me for posting that!

We shared between us these scrummy treats. The ghost cupcake was a chocolate sponge, buttercream icing and cookie crumbs. I didn't get to try the wee ghost. The cinnamon roll was warm and gooey. And the girls munched the choc croissant, must have been good as they both dabbed the crumbs with licked fingers.

We had a break from the heat and for the fireworks and decided to try a dole whip float. Tim was on his own with this one. Neither the girls or I liked it much and popped back for just a normal ice cream. I could see it in his eyes that he would order it again knowing fine well know one else liked it.

Afterwards we quickly nipped to Mcdonalds for a small bite before heading home to analyse our haul.

(Dairymilk used for sizing purposes - It was for Mousekeeping - Honest!)
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow your costumes look amazing! My husbands eyes nearly fell out when he saw your candy haul 😊 We have tickets for MNSSHP this year - can't wait to go now!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wow your costumes look amazing! My husbands eyes nearly fell out when he saw your candy haul 😊 We have tickets for MNSSHP this year - can't wait to go now!
Thanks so much! we had an absolute blast. With the 4 of us, we collected 4 very full bags! The favourites were munched and the rest gifted. x
Old 21 Jun 16, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rnn1g
Gone all Goofy

great so far! looking forward to the rest
rnn1g is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great report so far. I had a fantastic Cuban sandwich at Yard House last trip. They are devine.

The brown bread at Cheesecake Factory I believe is Honey Wheat brown bread. Looking at the google recipes for it, it uses cocoa powder so your DH would be on the right lines saying it's chocolatey.

Looking forward to more. I expect to see plenty more mac n cheese

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Day 4 - Legoland

We had bought 14 day passes with our tickets for £19 each and thought that it was a bargain. I'm sure it probably was, but we were seriously disappointed.

We arrived just before 12 and hadn't had breakfast, well apart from some sweets, nutty ones for nutritious value obviously. so headed for the Market Restaurant.

Issy chose Mac and Cheese which was in my opinion a kraft box mix! She loved it and inhaled it. Choc milk was downed and the crisps left for later. (bagsy their mine!)

Abs chose a portion of chicken, it was teeny and filled a small hole. We cant get her to eat pasta without serious repercussions immediately after it touched any part of her mouth... so dry it is again... crisps were avoided and she chose water as it was healthy love how kids just think things on a whim, i didnt have the heart to tell her the chicken was deep fried.

Tim and i went for a cinnamon roll (it was not bad) and he had a coffee?! EH?I could feel myself warming up just thinking about drinking it. I was too tight to pay $3 for a water and drank one i had with me.

We wandered about and tried out some rides. Abigail and i loved the lego friends ride, but Issy was too short. Other than that we were a wee bit lost for things to do. we checked out the sale shop before it was time for the Halloween trail. all of the kids followed a path past stations where they were given a sweetie for their bag. There wasnt much excitement which i thought was a shame.

Im not sure what time we left, but we were back at AK and had been on The Kali River Rapids 5 times by 5.45pm.

After a few times on the Expedition yeti we headed for dinner - soaked. Not one of our best ideas, Tim was convinced we would be dry by the time we got there... Apparently not. A major tip from us would be to change before entering a restaurant with air con soaking wet. It was a talking point, thats for sure!

Olive Garden

This was our favourite place to visit in 2014, as the salad and bread sticks are a winner for me. gosh i wish i was there now!

I dont know what dressing the put on it, but i would love to bring it home. I wasnt sure if you could fly with it in your case or not and was too chicken to chance it.

I had the rigatoni with 5 cheese marinara and meatballs with Tims peppers thrown on for good measure. It was lovely, and bottomless.

Tim had the angel hair pasta and alfredo sauce, just as nice but too messy for me.

Issy had a cheesy chicken sub, much to her annoyance that i thought 2 macs in one day was a bit excessive!

And Abs had a pepperoni pizza. (I thought the macaroni was a common occurance, i think pepperoni pizza could be more so!) She struggled to finish it purely because she had indulged on bread sticks.

The amount of food you get at Olive Garden for your buck is amazing!
Old 21 Jun 16, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

It all looks so good! Hoping to try Olive Garden next time.
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow the portion sizes at Olive Garden are huge! Everything just looks delicious 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List