Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Mar 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

I read through the guide and prepared for a bit of trouble.

Clicked through the link on the email to online check in, that pointed me straight to skip to counter afterwards - all sorted in a matter of minutes. Thanks to those that wrote the guide though - very helpful! I even went back and added another driver and just got a new skip the counter confirmation come through straight away

In case it makes any difference - I was using Chrome.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Help please

Hmm rather confused just booked with Alamo Brits, completed online check in started to do save time and noticed as others have said that it said the full amount of rental was due on collection when I have already prepaid. Decided I didn't want to enter card details so pressed the back button to abort the skip the counter thinking I'd do it at a later date.

Next thing I know I've got a skip the counter barcode email through !

It has obviously confused the system as when I try to go to online check in again to retrieve details it comes up with an error.

What should I do take the barcode and evidence of prepayment and just go straight to the garage and give them the credit card as normal? Or do you think This will cause problems as I didn't actually really complete skip the counter?

Help please

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Old 18 Mar 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I got it back from same people when I've just checked mine and it's given me no end of problems doing skip counter. I've got another thread started which shows what me and others are currently going through with this
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can anyone help at all?

Booked through Alamo Brits back in November, prepaid booking using VA cc.
Did OLCI.
Couldn't do Skip the Counter as both my VA and PO cc expired before the booking.
Amended booking to upgrade car.
New PO cc through and tried to do Skip the Counter but get error message saying technical issues with reservation. Alamo say it's because I need to use the same cc as I booked with.
New VA cc through so try again to do Skip the Counter. Still getting error message saying technical issues.

Anyone have any similar problems and manage a way round it? I really would rather avoid going to the counter if I can.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I normally go to the counter as I collect my car full and return empty as it's prepaid however this year booked through Alamo brits and was going to use skip the counter please can you advise how this works and what i need to do, will be my first time using this service I assume I can't Pre pay fuel and use online check in?
Old 10 Apr 17, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think you can choose to pre pay the fuel at the booth on exit. Hopefully someone will come in and confirm...
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lesley_Allan View Post
I normally go to the counter as I collect my car full and return empty as it's prepaid however this year booked through Alamo brits and was going to use skip the counter please can you advise how this works and what i need to do, will be my first time using this service I assume I can't Pre pay fuel and use online check in?
The cars are all full. When you are leaving, at the booth they will give you the option to pre pay for the tank and therefore bring it back empty.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Just done OLCI and Skip the Couter.
Completed online check-in, got the check-in confirmation page, opened the link to print the check-in ticket and just got a blank page?
Opened another tab, searched for skip the counter, completed this and successfully printed the skip the counter ticket.
When I go back to the check-in tab and try to print the check-in ticket now, it opens the skip the counter ticket which I have already printed.
Do I need the check-in ticket as well?
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
Just done OLCI and Skip the Couter.
Completed online check-in, got the check-in confirmation page, opened the link to print the check-in ticket and just got a blank page?
Opened another tab, searched for skip the counter, completed this and successfully printed the skip the counter ticket.
When I go back to the check-in tab and try to print the check-in ticket now, it opens the skip the counter ticket which I have already printed.
Do I need the check-in ticket as well?
All you need is the Skip the Counter ticket and barcode.

I tend to take my original booking confirmation as well just in case.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
All you need is the Skip the Counter ticket and barcode.

I tend to take my original booking confirmation as well just in case.
Thanks.
Thought that might be the case.
I'll take the same.
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List