Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Jul 16, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Florida's Fabulous Food report ** COMPLETE**

Hello and please be kind this is my first attempt at a food report
We are a family of five, 2 adults and 3 children aged 13, 10 & 2, we are staying at the YC for 5 nights on the DDP then after that most of the meals will be off site.
I am going to try and put the photos on here each night or every other night
So here goes travel day was breakfast at the Premier inn near Manchester airport which was the usual standard buffet, nothing fancy but well worth the money at £8.95 per adult and kids eat free.

Then came the flight meals they was pretty gross, the worst we have had from virgin! My husband and I had a teriyaki chicken dish but the chicken did not have the texture of chicken , my two middle children had chilly with wedges but it was far too spicy for them and looked like dog food, the children meal was ok but our toddler did not touch much of it. By the time wraps came round later we was so hungry we eat them before I even thought of taking photos but they was nice

Once we arrived at the YC we got ourselves a drink with our re fill mugs and got 2 muffins, 1 mickey brownie and 1 crumble cake and all shared them, very tasty

Edited at 10:59 PM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Today has been our first full day and a fabulous one at that the day started off with an early ARD at Crystal Palace at 8.05am, we got in the park at 7:45am and we was the first family to be called in so no food had been touched, all lovely and fresh and oh my word it was so good!

It's hard to get good photos of buffet food on your plate but here is a few of our plates

Yes that is a plate full of breakfast lasagne and yes I did eat it all
Service was fantastic, the place was spotless and the food was really good!

We had a few drinks throughout the day then went to Disney Springs to give Wolfgang Puck a try as I have heard so much about it on here for QS. Now don't go mad but I am not sure if I was even at the right place (one side is TS and the other QS? but we found the QS area really small with only a few tall tables inside and rest out side in the melting heat there was no cheesecake I had seen on many reports or wrapped meatloaf with mash (now on a sandwich), I had this and it was served with crisp, we also got 3 pizza's which was nice, not much choice for desert, we ended up have key lime pie which was ok but sickly. I think I had my expectations too high for this because I felt really let down by it. It was ok but we was hot and sweaty so that did not help

Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Great pics! Looking forward to following along 😀
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Did you go to the Wolfgang Puck that's near to the Earl of Sandwich in the marketplace? That's the one to go to for QS meals.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Reading along
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Crystal palace is just fantastic, I will be reading along for sure, love food reports.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Nice start!

I think you went to the wrong Wolfgang Puck! The good one is in the Marketplace at Disney Springs and has loads of seating. There isn't a T/S option at this location.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Wrong Wolfgang, but personally I am in the minority as I do not really like Wolfgang. 😧
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 16, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving your report.
Old 10 Jul 16, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Subscribing ... trying to work out which meal on the plane came covered in peas... the teriyaki chicken or the chilli? Yuk!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List