Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Jul 16, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Excuse me, why are there vegetables on my plate? The 10th wedding anniversary report Sep/Oct 2016

Ok so this is a food report pre trippie at the moment but this is where I will be posting the food reviews when the trip gets underway. I'm putting the thread up early as it kind of means I will need to stick to my promise and actually deliver the report instead of deciding at the last minute that I cant be bothered. I'm a bit like that you see.

No trip report this year - with a 21 night stay it would be a 24 day trippie and thats just too big a time commitment for me. So, I will do a food report instead

I'm going to try and do it while I am out there, maybe a day or so behind. It should happen as I don't stop dibbing when I'm over there.

Anyone who has read my trippies will know that my DW Michelle and I eat very healthily all year round and go to weight watchers. We've been members for a good few years now. So food is a big part of our holidays and something we very much look forward to. Nothing is off limits and I in particular go a bit mad.

So here are the plans so far.

We leave home on the 22nd September to get the train to Manchester Airport
1 Night at the Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport
Upper Class Flight with Virgin Atlantic
14 Nights at Wilderness Lodge with Dining Plan
7 Nights at Beach Club Villas
PE flights home with Virgin.

Its just me and DW for the first two weeks, we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on this trip. Our grown up daughter Rebecca is joining us for the third week at BCV. I am picking her up from MCO, so that might be interesting.

We have ADRs for:

Yak and Yeti
50s Prime Time Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe
Trails End Breakfast
Yachtsman Steakhouse - this is our anniversary dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Be Our Guest QS Lunch
Trails End Dinner
San Angel Inn
Paradiso 37
The Garden Grill
Crystal Palace
Nine Dragons

We also have an ADR during our 3rd week at Beaches and Cream as DD wants to try it. Will obviously be paying OOP for that. There may be some changes along the way but essentially they are the places that we will be eating.

Apart from that Beaches and Cream ADR we will be eating mainly offsite or sticking stuff in the oven in the Villa at BC. I'm not paying Disney prices when there are lots of great options off site.

So then thats it - see you in September

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018

Edited at 05:33 PM.
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looking forward to reading this when we get home! I'm planning on doing one too but I like to wait until I'm home and do it. I like the memories it brings back and I feel like I'm reliving the trip.
Might see you there!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to this! I had intended to do a qs one for our April trip but just relaxed too much and completely forgot to take photos

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Looking forward to this! I had intended to do a qs one for our April trip but just relaxed too much and completely forgot to take photos
You do have to be quite disciplined! I have a feeling my parents will get fed up of me telling them to wait until I get a photo!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You do have to be quite disciplined! I have a feeling my parents will get fed up of me telling them to wait until I get a photo!
Yes, I'll try harder next year. I started with good intentions and have photos of the virgin plane food and bog lunch, but that's where it stopped!

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Yes, I'll try harder next year. I started with good intentions and have photos of the virgin plane food and bog lunch, but that's where it stopped!
As you say you start to relax and enjoy the holiday and forget you have a duty to the rest of the DIBB!

Trip Report Index
Old 18 Jul 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Thanks both. With two trippies under my belt I'm in the habit now of photographing all of the food. DW reminds me if I forget as she is used to it too. You do sometimes get some strange looks though. One of the servers in 50s once asked me if I was a food critic and the last time I was in UC I think the CC thought I was bonkers.

adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Are you trying places new to you this time? Will be interested in hearing about yak and yeti, trails end dinner and 50s prime time as they're potentials our list for next year but well be paying oop as we're not upgrading our dining plan.

Old 18 Jul 16, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Are you trying places new to you this time? Will be interested in hearing about yak and yeti, trails end dinner and 50s prime time as they're potentials our list for next year but well be paying oop as we're not upgrading our dining plan.
Yes these ones are new.

Yak and Yeti
Grand Floridian Cafe
Trails End Breakfast
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Trails End Dinner
San Angel Inn
Paradiso 37
Nine Dragons

Will try a couple of new off site places too. I love 50s by the way, been there many times. I've heard good things about Trails End and I thought we might as well try there while we are at WL.

Old 18 Jul 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Thanks both. With two trippies under my belt I'm in the habit now of photographing all of the food. DW reminds me if I forget as she is used to it too. You do sometimes get some strange looks though. One of the servers in 50s once asked me if I was a food critic and the last time I was in UC I think the CC thought I was bonkers.
I started using my phone to do it discretely!

Trip Report Index