Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 21 Aug 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
I've enjoyed reading your report and appreciate the effort you put into it. Great trip, thank you for sharing

Thanks very much for reading - I'm very glad I did it, but also glad I'm finished!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I "need" a Snoopy LeSportSac Bag but Uk prices too dear so will need to wait until back in States and keep an eye out for range - will make a change from my Kipling bags !
Have really enjoyed both your and Poot's trip report and it was very interesting to read about different places and thank you for sharing

Thanks so much for commenting - I was VERY surprised that Poot wanted to participate!

Oh, those Snoopy bags - when I got back to England I hunted up another one for my DM and one for my lovely auntie as well. I think my favourite one is:

...but I decided the little print was probably more appropriate for me at my age - from a distance it could be flowers/polka dots...right?
Old 21 Aug 16, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
I've so enjoyed reading your trip report. I, like you, don't usually comment unless I feel I have something worthy to say. I will from now on though.

I have been inspired by Poot's Trip report and now my eldest DS will be doing his own as welll. He's quite excited about it.
Oh, I'm so pleased to hear that your DS will do a trippie, too - I know Poot would love to read TRs from other boys...

And thanks so much for commenting. It's funny, I don't think of myself as being a person who needs a lot of validation from others (especially strangers) - but it was a strange feeling to put real time and effort into something and then put it out into cyberspace (as opposed to assembling a photo album or scrapbook and then sharing it with family, friends, etc...).
Old 21 Aug 16, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twilight Nerd View Post
I too have enjoyed your report its great that you and Poot took the time to share with us. I want to visit Boston now!
Thanks for taking the time to read and post.

Boston was great - walkable and packed full of history. My (English) husband was actually a little nervous about visiting all of the Revolution sites with our son - he thought guides might poke fun at him, call him "the enemy" or things like that - but he ended up having a great time, too.

Yorktown next, lol...
Old 21 Aug 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

OMG at the cake recipe - Possibly not diet friendly but sounds absolutely delicious, I will try it at some point - yum!

I still don't know how you managed to get all those books home in hand luggage!
Glee Fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
OMG at the cake recipe - Possibly not diet friendly but sounds absolutely delicious, I will try it at some point - yum!

I still don't know how you managed to get all those books home in hand luggage!
Yes...it's probably for the best that some of the ingredients can only be purchased in North America... We're having salad for dinner tonight, I promise...

As for the books - that case was heavy! I am one of those saddos who quite enjoys packing a good case; I was quite pleased with my efforts.

I have two massive boxes of books from BookOutlet waiting for me with Mockingjay, so we'll get to do it all over again in December...
Old 1 Jan 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Fab report, some great ideas, thanks for sharing
DisneyKel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyKel View Post
Fab report, some great ideas, thanks for sharing
Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I appreciate it.
Old 20 Feb 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yay I have finished. Thanks so much to you both for sharing your trip. I have really enjoyed every day-sorry I have not made comments I find I am too eager to move on to the next day and if I stop to write you may end up with an essay!
I really enjoy the 'who' part at the beginning of each day. I would love to visit Boston one day and it would be nice to take my girls to see DC. I often think they are places to go when the girls are older but reading your report has made realise they would enjoy it now. (My eldest is the same age as Poot) Hopefully the weather will be kind to us if we ever visit. I think you definitely had quite a few elements to contend with over your time there! Some great ideas of places to go which has definitely given me some inspiration to plan a trip in the future, the zoo and gardens will certainly be on the list. Thanks again for sharing...I'll start on the Florida trip later😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Yay I have finished. Thanks so much to you both for sharing your trip. I have really enjoyed every day-sorry I have not made comments I find I am too eager to move on to the next day and if I stop to write you may end up with an essay!
I really enjoy the 'who' part at the beginning of each day. I would love to visit Boston one day and it would be nice to take my girls to see DC. I often think they are places to go when the girls are older but reading your report has made realise they would enjoy it now. (My eldest is the same age as Poot) Hopefully the weather will be kind to us if we ever visit. I think you definitely had quite a few elements to contend with over your time there! Some great ideas of places to go which has definitely given me some inspiration to plan a trip in the future, the zoo and gardens will certainly be on the list. Thanks again for sharing...I'll start on the Florida trip later😊
Thank you for your kind words!

The "who" bit I stole from Lindsey Davis - I always find that such a clever and funny way to introduce a story.

I think Poot was about seven when my DH and I realised that we could now go pretty much anywhere with him - I know there are BRAVE folks who tramp all over the world with babies and toddlers, but that was never going to be us.

I think that both Boston and Washington are great for all kids - especially once they can read. I'm sure your girls would love both - feel free to ask me any specific question you have...and I'll see YOU in Florida!