Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Sep 16, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
AEK
Earning More Ears

Mobile No Disney- ideas needed?

Hi
I've booked cheap BA fly drive flights for August next year. We have just come back from Florida. This year we did only Disney but would like to travel around more. I'm looking for suggestions? How many days at universal? I've got 3 girls 8 10 and 12. They loved the water parks. This is our 'cheap' Florida holiday as like many others we were not going next year(lol) Any suggestions appreciated.
TIA
Caribbean Beach Aug 2019
AEK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Lake Eola Park try it.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

will you have a car?

trip to a beach
airboat/everglades trip
idrive 360
kennedy space centre
visit celebration
visit a national park
swim with manatees
drive in movies
hot air balloon ride
gatorland
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Universal - I think it's better value to buy the 14 day tickets...£160-£170 each... we then book Hard Rock Hotel, around £250 - great value for family of 5 to get unlimited Express passes for two days. We prob go 2 other days in the holiday, but without express passes and just doing no queue rides.
Discover Cove is good value too - as you get unlimited SW, AQ visitts (and can add BG) plus free car parking.
Other non park things we did:
Titanic
Escape Room
Orlando Eye
Madame T's
Sealife
Gatorland
Ripleys
stupet11 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

De Leon Springs
Mt Dora/Tavares
Ivanhoe Village
Winter Park
Websters Flea Market
Tarpon Springs - A bit further afield
Melbourne Village and Beach Again a bit further afield
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

We quite enjoyed Orlando Science centre, something for all ages and quite fun doing all the experiments etc.nice drive to get there too.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Universal - I think it's better value to buy the 14 day tickets...£160-£170 each... we then book Hard Rock Hotel, around £250 - great value for family of 5 to get unlimited Express passes for two days. We prob go 2 other days in the holiday, but without express passes and just doing no queue rides.
Discover Cove is good value too - as you get unlimited SW, AQ visitts (and can add BG) plus free car parking.
Other non park things we did:
Titanic
Escape Room
Orlando Eye
Madame T's
Sealife
Gatorland
Ripleys
I think that you may get an unpleasant surprise when you look at 2017 Universal tickets, likewise Hardrock hotel. Best I can find for April 12 at the Hardrock is £420 for the one night in a family room. That was with BA. Others were at £460.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:44 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
AEK
Earning More Ears

Wow thanks for all the ideas - lots of reading and googling to do now
I've read there has been a hike in prices for universal park tickets this year. HRH is around £350 for my dates and I was hoping it might come down!
We did do 1 day at Discovery cove this year and loved that - not sure if we should do it again - maybe without dolphin swim.
Lots of decisions to make.
Thanks again
AEK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by AEK View Post
Wow thanks for all the ideas - lots of reading and googling to do now
I've read there has been a hike in prices for universal park tickets this year. HRH is around £350 for my dates and I was hoping it might come down!
We did do 1 day at Discovery cove this year and loved that - not sure if we should do it again - maybe without dolphin swim.
Lots of decisions to make.
Thanks again
I imagine a lot of that is due to the relative strength of the $ compared to the £
Old 13 Sep 16, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Look at the Tampa City pass gives you entry in to Busch MOSI zoo and a few other attractions
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread