Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Dec 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pandanne View Post
Loving this, those cocktails look fabulous - so many of them.
Originally Posted by H_C-2017 View Post
Oooh the breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe looks really good!
Might have to consider that for breakfast on my trip next year!
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yummy cocktails. It looks like you enjoyed your trip. Can't wait for more updates.
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Oh my word, those nachos! I need them!
Originally Posted by curlywurly View Post
Loving your reports! Those nachos look amazing
Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Great updates
Thanks for reading guys

All the cocktails were excellent, I think Bubba Gumps ones are best!

And the nachos and breakfast were both big and yummy!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

And another update...

Day 7-26th September

The alarm was set for 8:30 and I immediately popped to the shop for milk and chocolate milk for $3.81. We watched American Pickers and called an Uber for 10:30am.

Earl of Sandwich
So we wandered around Disney Springs for a while and headed here at 11:45 for brunch. Arron got the Full Montagu "roasted beef, turkey, Swiss, Cheddar, lettuce, tomato and mustard" and a Corona.

I ordered the Hawaiian BBQ "grilled chicken, ham, Swiss, pineapple and BBQ sauce".

We have meant to eat at EOS for a while and both really loved our sandwiches. Mine was sweet and I love BBQ and pineapple on anything!
Arron loves club sandwiches so was very happy too.
This came to $21 and we were finished around 12:15pm.

Drinks
We couldn't see any shopping we wants so made a beeline for Jock Lindsey's Hangar bar and sat on the boat outside.
Arron had a Wrong Island!(Siesta Key Silver Rum, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Tamiami Gin, Tippler's Orange Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola®)

Similar to a Long Island so perfect for him.

I had a Diving Bell(Simply Lemonade® and Watermelon topped with a Lemon-Lime Foam).

This is when to king of all storms happened and the boat flooded! So we had to move elsewhere and the storm continued for an absolute age.

We got another drink, Arron a Pancho's Margarita(Don Julio Reposado Tequila, Grand Marnier, and fresh Sweet-and-Sour) and I had another Diving Bell.

The Diving Bell was really good, foam was zesty and the drink itself was citrus but sweet.

And finally Arron got a Kingfisher beer. We left at 3:20 as the rain had subsided and paid around $50.

Millers
So we went around Disney Springs a little more but ended up at Millers around 5pm after getting an Uber(he went a weird route to get there which caused lots of scared faces).

We ordered my usual raspberry tea and Arron got a Sauza blue Margarita($4).

We sat for a while and then ordered food. Arron got Mount st. Helens zingers and another Margarita.

For mains I ordered the Cajun chicken pasta and Arron got the combo Fajitas.

Food was excellent as always and plentiful. I could never eat the entire dish as the pasta seems bottomless! But was all really yummy.

I can't find photos but Arron had another margarita and a Long Island iced tea.

My next raspberry tea was taking soooo long to arrive that I ended up with 2 from different servers.

By the end I had drank 4 pints of it

We left around 6:45 and paid $65.

We went to Walgreens and I had to go back to Millers as I had obviously had too many teas

We walked to the room and watched TV whilst eating Pretzel flipz!

Edited at 03:31 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 16, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Arron is a man after my own heart - I bloody love a margarita or 5!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bogtrottin
Trying for More Ears

Those zingers look delicious. I could go for a plate of them right now!
bogtrottin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Arron is a man after my own heart - I bloody love a margarita or 5!
Originally Posted by bogtrottin View Post
Those zingers look delicious. I could go for a plate of them right now!
Posting this makes me miss all of the amazing food and drink! Nom.
Old 13 Dec 16, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

So this should be my final set of updates now!

Day 8-27th September

Today we got up at 7:30am and had a relaxing time. No photos here but we had doughnut bites from Walgreens and chilled out until just after 10am. We got to Florida Mall around 10:30 and shoppe until just before 1pm.

Lunch
I got chinese from Tobuy(?) which was Bourbon chicken, mushroom chicken and rice.

This was plenty of food and really nice, especially the Bourbon chicken and Arron enjoyed his taster too.

Arron went to Fat Ones and got a Reuben dog and a cherry Coke.

Arron said this was pretty much the best hot dog ever, I think the sauerkraut stuff helped too!

Altogether lunch was around $18 and I thought it was quite reasonable!

Later in the afternoon we snacked on M & Ms in the room before heading back out at 5pm.

Drinks
We wandered to Tin Roof which is near the Eye, it was cool but really dead and empty.

Arron for the Tea is for Tennessee and I had the Rumrunner.

These were okay, mine was a little too banana-ey and it wasn't my first choice and Arron's was strong! But the main thing was there was no atmosphere so we didn't stay for more than the one.

Buffalo Wild Wings
Seeing as we enjoyed BWW so much a few days before we thought we'd go again. We ended up at the branch near the Eye which was MUCH quieter and more relaxed than the other one!
We started with a Bud lite and strawberry lemonade.

Our server was quite impressed as we both ordered burgers with a side of wings!
So I got the Big Jack Daddy burger and snack sized Teriyaki wings and Arron got the Screaming nachos burger with snack sized wild wings.

My burger was soooo huge and really good it is BBQ, pulled pork, cheese and onion rings(no wing photo )

And Arron really liked his too, it was nachos, jalapenos, chipotle, cheese etc.
You can probably tell we favour different types of food if you've read my other food reports

We watched the UFC press conference and called it a night. We left $50 including tip.

If you've never been to BWW I would recommend it as it is super good value

Edited at 03:36 PM.
Old 13 Dec 16, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Next one...

Day 9-28th September

Our alarm was set for 6:40 as we had to start packing and stuff. We were out at 7:40 and over to Citywalk.

Drinks
We stopped in Starbucks where Arron got a mocha bottle from the fridge and I got a Vanilla bean frappe which was $8. This was the slowest interaction in history as the woman in front literally asked questions to the server for 15 minutes, they had to bring a second person to the tills as the queue was getting restless!

Louie's
After the 11:15 T2 show we ended up in Louie's as were yet to eat. We just ordered 2 slices of Supreme and a Bud.

It was nice as always and the slices are so huge it always seems really filling. Arron loves it way too much.

Snacks
After doing Poseidon's Fury(first time!) and being scared of the possibility of rain in Suess Landing I ended up with these...

Large Cookie dough Dippin' dots for $6. They were so good. Yum.

Springfield
We decided to get dinner in Springfield as Arron wanted another Krustyburger. So I got chicken thumbs and tater tots, and Arron got a Duff with a Krustyburger.

My thumbs were very similar to the chicken in Burger digs and I had the dregs of tots . But it was good, just a super beige plate of food!
Arron obviously loved his burger.

This was $30, we planned to go mini-golfing but the rain looked threatening again so we stayed inside.

Edited at 03:44 PM.
Old 13 Dec 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

And now to the final update...

Day 10-29th & 30th September

We were up at 6am today and ate Poptarts for breakfast while getting ready!
Managed to check out of the hotel, check in for the flight and get to Universal by 8am!

So because it was a flying visit we were back on I-Drive at 1pm.

Millers
We decided this would be our last meal of the trip. I ordered a raspberry tea and during our visit Arron got 2 23oz Miller lites and a Bud.

To start we got the Mount St Helens zingers.

Chicken was fresh and nice as always, but I eat around the sauce as it is spicy!

We had been discussing having something lighter as we didn't want to feel sick on the plane. So Arron ordered the blackened salmon and I had the Cobb salad.

Arron said the salmon was tasty and well cooked, and it looked really nice and fresh. The rice was a good side too.

My salad was great, I avoided the blue cheese as its not my thing, but otherwise it had shrimp, chicken, egg and all kinds of stuff. It was filling but healthy too.

I ruined the health benefits by getting the Captain Jack's buried treasure cake...for myself

Oh how I love it, ice cream and Oreos and cream! So yummy and Arron ate none of it(by choice).

I beat it

Drinks
At around 6pm we went to the airport bar, it is named something sport themed. In here Arron got 2 Buds and I had the Islander. Not sure what was in it but it was fruity.

When we had headed through security we found the flight was delayed until 8:40pm, so I popped to Starbucks and got 2 hot chocolates for $8.

Plane food

On the flight I had chicken(I can't find my photo) and Arron had the tomato pasta.

As can be seen, there was cheesecake too and Arron actually ate his

And breakfast:

It was a cream cheese bagel which was absolutely disgusting(Arron liked his).

So that's it!

Next trip is for Wrestlemania in March/April so it might be relatively budget but I will be doing some sort of report

Edited at 03:41 PM.
Old 13 Dec 16, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

It sounds like you had a great trip. You've got some fab photos. What was your favourite restaurant?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like you had a great trip. You've got some fab photos. What was your favourite restaurant?
Yes! Always a great trip. I think Bubba Gump is always my favourite but we love Millers