Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Jan 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Disneyland Paris first time in 8 years - 3. 20.12.16

Wednesday 21st December - mostly dh notes again!

Day Trois: Wednesday started with us getting up in time for a little bit of our Magic Hour. Dh and dd used this for Space Mountain while ds and I headed off to Peter Pan. Unfortunately, Peter Pan was solid when we got there and with no Fast Pass collection available, we opted for Snow White and the Carousel before we joined up to get some BTM Fast Passes.
Next stop was our hotel for breakfast, pretty much the same as yesterday but as we had an early reservation for dinner at Chez Remy we decided to really stock up and miss out lunch. We knew we had the Pause Gourmand vouchers if we got desperate!
After breakfast, dh and I went over to Studios while dd and ds went back to the Magic Kingdom to use the BTM Fast Passes – which unfortunately was closed (it did seem to have a lot of issues while we were there, whether that was the cold or the refurb who knows!)which sent them back in our direction and they ended up on Studio Backlot Tour. We headed to Armageddon after collecting fast passes for Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster. Armageddon also had technical issues just before the big finale, so we were ushered out without the ending! Once we had all met up, went over to Remy land where we all did single rider, although dd and I were in the same car but front and back. Following this we all went into Animation Studio, watching how different characters hadn't made it into the final films, followed by us all managing to do Armageddon, which did make it to the finale this time. Dh and dd then did the ride they had been waiting for - Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster on the Fast Passes. Next stop was the Cinemagique theatre for that show.

While ds and I collected doughnuts and drinks, dd and dh headed off with some hot chocolates to do another Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster before dinner (which they just managed to squeeze in). Dinner was in the Remy Bistro which I was most looking forward to, however despite lovely theming, the food and service was over hyped, but we’re pleased we tried it once.
There wasn't a great choice on the set menus so dh, ds and I all had foie gras for starter, dd had soup I think. For mains, I had steak which really wasn't great with dauphinoise potatoes. Dh and ds both had the sea bass which did look nice and dd had veggie ravioli which she enjoyed. For dessert the 3 of us had tarte tatin which again was disappointing, dd had the cheeseboard which consisted of 1 piece of some cheese on salad leaves! Anyway we will know next time, however they really need to up their game as we didn't think they were at full capacity and the service was sooo slow, the waitress did apologise at the end but that didn't really help!

After Dinner it was almost closing time for Studios, so dd and dh did two more Rock ‘n’ Rollercoasters, ds and I wait in the offload bit, moving out of the way for one rapidly exiting passenger who the ride didn't agree with as we discovered when we left a few minutes later

We now found ourselves back in the Magic Kingdom for some photos, and to use the BTM tickets from earlier. I decided that I would queue up with the other 3 as I have never seen the themeing for it and it was good especially in the dark. However when the doors opening I shot through the car so fast that it confused the cast members D called it le Sortie de Poulet, however the rest of them had a good wiz round the mountain in the rain. Final stop before returning to the Hotel was a Buzz Lightyear, and due to a nifty gun switch managed to significantly increase my score from last time (how did that happen?) while dh was having a very bad ride!

A few final night photos before heading back to our room to pack and get ready to check out in the morning
Old 14 Jan 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
judy22
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like it was a lovely family break. Shame about the food on your last day. Thanks for posting. x
judy22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List