Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Jan 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Anzolo
Imagineer

Mobile

Kidani is our home resort and we love it. Yes it's a little way out but with a car it's matterless. We've stayed at BLT before and didn't like it at all. Having said that we stayed at VGF last time and are planning going back for a few days this year once the 7 month window has opened. We regularly walk along to Jambo for something to eat but would not go to the pool again as much prefer the one at Kidani. We also regularly drive down Sherberth Road to shop and eat. We do plan on visiting other resorts but so far love that own there.

DLP 2001. Holiday Inn Maingate West 2003, 2005, Villas of Somerset 2007. Indian Point 2008. AKV 2010. AKV & BLT 2011. VB & AKV 2013. NYC, AKV, VGF 2015. AKV & VGF 2017. OKW & AKV 2019.
Anzolo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Hi all

Booked 4 nights at Kidani in August, thanks for all your replies
Old 1 Feb 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
Hi all

Fantastic, you will have a terrific time.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Anzolo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
Hi all

Have a great time, looks like you'll be there the same time as us.

DLP 2001. Holiday Inn Maingate West 2003, 2005, Villas of Somerset 2007. Indian Point 2008. AKV 2010. AKV & BLT 2011. VB & AKV 2013. NYC, AKV, VGF 2015. AKV & VGF 2017. OKW & AKV 2019.
Anzolo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

All of the above and another biased person here!
The shuttle between there and Jamboree makes me feel like we have two resorts in one, great dining options and the fire pits too.
It is the most peaceful and welcoming place to come back to after an evening in the parks with the glow lights in the adobe alcoves.
The pool area and bar is fabulous and the kids always seem to love the play area which is well sectioned off from the main pool.
If you have a car the underground parking is a boon, no hot car to get into and you can empty out near your elevator.
Also biased, our home resort and if there was never availability anywhere else we would be happy. And we loved the Poly and BLT too but the points value here is so much better.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Would everyone who has stayed always recommend the extra points for Savannah. I'll probably book my summer 2018 trip here, 1 bed (2 bathrooms and sleeper chair a big thing for us) but still on fence whether Savannah worth the extra. What do you overlook at standard view? Will be first trip here.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Would everyone who has stayed always recommend the extra points for Savannah. I'll probably book my summer 2018 trip here, 1 bed (2 bathrooms and sleeper chair a big thing for us) but still on fence whether Savannah worth the extra. What do you overlook at standard view? Will be first trip here.
We never bother with that, always standard. At Kidani with standard you get the choice of Pembe Savannah and whilst not giraffes it has gazelles and birds etc. We have always managed to get one half Savannah and overlooking the pool area and this great for getting to and from the pool and you are near the drinks machine and bar, which has some limited food.
We then view the other animals at the porches near the lobby of down by the fire pits.
We have had only two bed or studio and it is so spacious, the bathroom for the king bed is bigger than our son's double bedroom! He slept on the sofa chair and it was so comfortable.
Here is one of a view.

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Great thanks, I'd settled on the idea of maybe ponying up more points but if that is the view from a standard maybe no need? When do you request Pembe Savannah then, when you check in online? Are you guaranteed to get it? I was worried standard might have been overlooking a road at the front or something.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Great thanks, I'd settled on the idea of maybe ponying up more points but if that is the view from a standard maybe no need? When do you request Pembe Savannah then, when you check in online? Are you guaranteed to get it? I was worried standard might have been overlooking a road at the front or something.
Yes Pembe is a request at on line check in, we have been three times and got it each time. If you didn't request that you would probably get a view over the entrance toward the front, on the curve towards Jambo, is it guaranteed, I guess not. Be good to bring up the map as we have always been facing the pool on that curve facing Pembe.
You can just see the fence in this photo which is by the narrow fence towards the pool.
Touringplans is pretty good with the room views on Kidani I find but I have stuck to on line checkin in for my requests.
Old 9 Feb 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Anzolo
Imagineer

We've stayed in a standard view twice now and both were on the opposite side of the building to the savannahs so no views of animals at all. On both occasions we were facing the entrance to the resort.