Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We had silent lightning here for a couple of hours. The storms were way off in the distance well over 10 miles away looking at the lightning maps site, so we would not have heard the thunder anyhow. The clouds lit up really brightly was quite a show.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post

started about ten last night till 1 am. then came back on at 3 really badly... hardly had any sleep ... so Mr Grumpy is out in full force today :-(
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It was horrendous here last night(central Scotland) Lightning from before 10 and thunder from midnight, it went on till 4 am, worse than any Florida storm I've seen. Lots of flooding around the Falkirk area.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Still no rain or storms here in London and another very uncomfortable night. Slept really badly which has a knock on effect of making us really tired today and it's forecast to be 32 degrees again.

I'm sorry to read some in Scotland have experienced flooding, I've seen the report/photos on the BBC news website, and hope the damage isn't too severe. Storms are predicted to arrive here in the south-east overnight tonight and rumble on through Thursday and Friday which should finally clear this hot humid air and give us a good nights sleep.

Debra
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
Still no rain or storms here in London and another very uncomfortable night. Slept really badly which has a knock on effect of making us really tired today and it's forecast to be 32 degrees again.

I'm sorry to read some in Scotland have experienced flooding, I've seen the report/photos on the BBC news website, and hope the damage isn't too severe. Storms are predicted to arrive here in the south-east overnight tonight and rumble on through Thursday and Friday which should finally clear this hot humid air and give us a good nights sleep.

Debra
I so hope so ...
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Anyone see the Video of the Ligtning Bolt hitting Star Wars the other night! Friend from OKW posted a video and says its put part of the area out of action.

Sorry rubbish at posting videos, think it's available.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
It was horrendous here last night(central Scotland) Lightning from before 10 and thunder from midnight, it went on till 4 am, worse than any Florida storm I've seen. Lots of flooding around the Falkirk area.
I am stuck in traffic trying to get up to Dundee. Satnav taken me an alternative route and it’s just made it worse lol. I think we are stuck at a train track somewhere near auchterarder.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
It really is awful in this area. Lots of lightning strikes too, the butchers just down the road from here burnt down as well as a house nearby. Canal has burst it banks too and railway lines flooded. My heart goes out to those whose home or business has been destroyed. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it.

For those of you who have twitter have a look at @CentralFMNews, they have a video of people wading through flooded car park at a local hotel as well as photos of flooded roads.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

My local Tesco was closed this morning as it is next to the canal which has burst its banks, railway on the other side of the road from Tesco also flooded.

Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was lucky enough that the cars stuck behind me managed to about turn so I’ve just came back down to Glasgow. So strange as the weather today is beautiful.