Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Mar 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm on episode 5 of WV, thought the first 2 episodes were awful but I'm glad I stuck it out. Not saying I know what's going on, but its quite good!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I’ve seen lots about WV and I think the girls would like it, but do we have to have seen the marvel films to get it? I read something about it being set after the avengers and I don’t know if I need to have seen that first.
I would've said that it certainly helps to know who the main two title characters are and what their history is before watching WandaVision.

Otherwise, I feel you'd be lost without knowing about Wanda and what she's going through. And why Vision looks weird and what happened to him just before this series.

You certainly don't need to have watched every Marvel film but some might help (Avengers: Age of Ultron and Infinity War as a minimum). Or read an article or watch a YouTube video explaining what's happened beforehand.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Or read an article or watch a YouTube video explaining what's happened beforehand.
Here's a quick, badly-written summary of what happened beforehand regarding Wanda and Vision. Big SPOILERS for those thinking of watching the Marvel movies.

Wanda is from Sokovia, a fictional eastern European country, where she lived with her brother, Pietro, and parents. There was war in their country whilst they were kids, their town was bombed and their parents killed. Hydra later experimented on them using a powerful Mind Stone, gave Wanda and Pietro superpowers, and turned them against the Avengers. Wanda had the power of telekinesis and some telepathy, whilst Pietro was super-quick. Wanda and Pietro later changed allegience and joined with the Avengers, but Pietro was shot and died. Over time, Wanda's powers seem to grow and change and she became surprisingly powerful.

Vision is a funny-looking android who became self-aware, and almost human-like, because of the Mind Stone being implanted into his head. He has the power to change his density, fly and fire a beam of energy from the Mind Stone. He helped the Avengers, including Wanda, to fight Ultron (a crazy robot). He was tasked to "look after" Wanda, in order to keep her safe. Over time, they both came to have feelings for one another.

During Infinity War, a big bad guy called Thanos wanted the Mind Stone in Vision's head. Wanda had to destroy the stone - and thus kill the one she loved - in order to stop Thanos from getting it. Thanos then reversed time a few minutes and pulled the restored stone from Vision's head. Wanda therefore had to watch Vision die twice.

Thanos ended up disintegrating half of all life in the universe, like you do. After 5 years the remaining Avengers managed to undo all this and bring everyone back. However Vision's android body remained 'dead'. Wanda, having lost her parents, brother and now Vision, was left to mourn her loss alone.

Somehow though she's now in a small town called WestView, Vision appears to be alive with no memories of what happened, and their life seems awfully like a TV sitcom for some reason...

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List