Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 25 Apr 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Disappointed to hear, was looking forward to watching this. They used an actual scientist that I follow on Twitter and watch his videos on space flight on YouTube as a scientific advisor so surprised to hear it was full of holes (unless you just mean the story). I’ll still probably watch it.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I watched it last night, and I quite enjoyed it.

Totally agree with floridasarah about Anti Life, I thought it was truly awful.
Old 25 Apr 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My DD & I didn’t rate it. I was struggling to stay awake & sci-fi is our fav genre.
The visuals were great but the rest was dreary - more like a dramatised documentary.
My DH might like it tho. I’m ‘away with the fairies’ most of the time whereas he’s more ‘away with the engineers’. 😂
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I quite enjoyed it, although I have one huge question that I didn't think it answered but the film makers may say was really only incidental to the story.
I wouldn't even consider it to be a sci-fi film, despite being in space. It's more about jeopardy and relationships.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I watched it last night - I dont like sci-fi but like relationship and space originated films and it certainly was that (not really sci-if thankfully) but apart from the actor who played the stowaway I thought it was weak. Especially when the door fell off and was affected by gravity (?) - I actually wanted to fast forward to the end. Didnt like the ending either, all in all a 4 out of 10 for me.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I watched it last night - I dont like sci-fi but like relationship and space originated films and it certainly was that (not really sci-if thankfully) but apart from the actor who played the stowaway I thought it was weak. Especially when the door fell off and was affected by gravity (?) - I actually wanted to fast forward to the end. Didnt like the ending either, all in all a 4 out of 10 for me.
TBH i'm still pondering how he managed to get himself stuck in that tiny place in the first place?!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
TBH i'm still pondering how he managed to get himself stuck in that tiny place in the first place?!
Yeah me too - they didnt really answer that (and many other questions) - stuck in and screwed in ? Maybe that was the S I-if element

It was like an old 60/70s B Movie really.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Exactly! I liked the characters, but I didn't really get into the film because it seemed like the story was still waiting to start from this point of view. ...Then, suddenly it had ended!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Total waste of time.

Had high hopes, as the visuals were well done.

I'd say the story was lacking... but that would require some semblance of a plot.

I wouldn't want to give any spoilers away on the ending...but that would imply there was an actual ending.

Give it a pass.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

didnt like the film at all. Too many "this wouldnt happen" moments. In short, the film boils down to HR being very very poor at hyperion. That and spare parts for critical systems are important.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List