Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 17 Apr 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Leonardo

Been reading reviews this morning and this Amazon prime TV show with Aidan Turner is getting lots of coverage. Anyone seen it ? Look interesting to me for sure

Leonardo da Vinci: Aidan Turner glad artist's sexuality reflected in series bbc/news/entertainment-arts-56769845

Edited at 08:50 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yep looks interesting
Certainly going to give it a go
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I seen this. I will be watching I like this kind of show.
Old 28 Apr 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Binged watched some of it tonight - excellent
Will probably finish it tomorrow (hoping there is more seasons to come )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Got it on planner. Waiting for the house to quieten down and then I am going to immerse myself in it. Looking forward to it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I watched 3 or 4 episodes last weekend. I thought it was pretty good and really liked finding out so much about him and the times. Will defo keep watching.
Old 29 Apr 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I watched 3 or 4 episodes last weekend. I thought it was pretty good and really liked finding out so much about him and the times. Will defo keep watching.
The last 2 episodes (especially the last) had me on the edge of my seat. How near the truth it all is I dont know but it was pretty amazingly written
Old 2 May 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Just finished it.
The last episode was really great. I did not expect that. I agree, who knows how close to the truth but I imagine it has given a good glimpse into life at the time.

Years ago we went to Sicily and had a stop in Milan both directions. On the way back we had a night in the city so went sight seeing. I remember seeing a huge castle in the city centre that I did not know anything about. I now know that it is Castello Sforzesco. And that now fascinates me that Da Vinci was there and the history of it.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Just finished it.
The last episode was really great. I did not expect that. I agree, who knows how close to the truth but I imagine it has given a good glimpse into life at the time.

Years ago we went to Sicily and had a stop in Milan both directions. On the way back we had a night in the city so went sight seeing. I remember seeing a huge castle in the city centre that I did not know anything about. I now know that it is Castello Sforzesco. And that now fascinates me that Da Vinci was there and the history of it.
Glad you enjoyed it and were as equally surprised at the final episode as I was - a good few OMG moments there ! I haven’t been to Milan but it looked stunning