Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 May 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Wales Mark 2 - 23rd to 25th April 2021 Rhyl Llandudno and Betws-y-coed

Well after the previous weeks jaunt to Anglesey . See report here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193186

- we were off to Wales again - this time to Ty Mawr caravan site - owned by Parkdean - in Towyn

Day 1 23rd April

There isn’t a great deal to do round there so it was just a base . We got in the area around noon and had a nosey at Rhyl . Had a lovely walk on the front and stopped with our butties being patiently watched by this guy who was after any crumbs

Rhyl had a number of decorated post boxes which were nice to see . Even one of the entrances to a council office was topped off

We walked up to the harbour which is a nice modern area but my photo doesn’t do it justice

We then had a drive to Rhuddlan Castle , great spot for a mooch with lovely views and great to be out in the sunshine

Interesting fact that they diverted the river to get links to / from the castle - sorry don’t think you can read the story but a mammoth engineering job

Then off to the caravan . One covid benefit is no scrum down to get your keys . Your van number is already allocated and keys left in van so you can just go straight there .

We just enjoyed the sun and had a mooch round the site before a bit of dibbing and messing around on my phone . Highlight my high score on Drop 7 😀

Day 2 24th April

Off to Llandudno.
Firstly a look at the prom and pier .
Not sure if we met our friend from the previous day

Llandudno is quite upmarket generally compared to Rhyl /Towyn .

There are a number of statues around the town celebrating Alice in Wonderland. You can seemingly get a trail map from tourist information and spot them all

Then off to the Great Orme . There is a tramway and cable car to get you to the top but these were still closed so we just drove up . What a fabulous spot with brilliant views of Llandudno and the Anglesey Coast

We must have spent 2-3 hours just wandering round the coastline

I am advised these are my missus’s fingers covering part of this picture . Anyone who thinks otherwise be ashamed of yourself 😂😂

The view looking towards the Menai straight and Anglesey - unbeatable

Can you imagine living down there - breathtaking

Then we drove on through the lovely St Tudno’s church /cemetery and on down to the beach for some late afternoon sun before heading back to the caravan for fish and chips ( still no pubs open )

Day 3 25th April

Woke to be given a lovely anniversary ‘ present ‘ of Vimto in bed - can’t beat it 😀

Decided to just head out for the day towards Snowdonia . Ended up spending the day in Betws y Coed.
Fabulous location by the river , walkers paradise , lots of outdoorsy shops and a great feel to it

Had our anniversary lunch of cheese and ham butties and smoky bacon crisps just chilling listening to the river and enjoying the sunshine . It was so great to be out of the 4 walls

Sadly Swallow Falls - a river walk to a waterfall - was closed so we headed instead to Fairy Glen . My pictures again don’t do it justice but it was a fabulous secluded spot to just chill and relax in the sun

Thank you Wales for sharing your natural beauty with us . Hope to be back soon
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 11:21 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Fabulous pictures thanks for writing and sharing
Old 26 Jun 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks absolutely brilliant. We will be there in a few weeks and I am really looking forward to it. I just hope we get sone nice weather like you did 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Off to North Wales next month. Absolutely love Betws y Coed. Some beautiful beaches around there if the weather is kind to you, and amazing waterfalls
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Ah I was born and grew up in Llandudno, this is a lovely trip report and brings back wonderful memories of the area. Thank you for sharing with us 😊
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List