Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 May 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow a good few days. We've never been to AKL...no car and too lazy to get the bus, we should have stayed there last summer to make up for our lack of visits previously...anyway I've seen people rave about Boma so it's a shame you guys didn't rate it, but seems like the Sanaa bread service did fit the bill.

I'm really glad you enjoyed Garden Grill. I know it shouldn't matter if you don't like it, but it's hands down my favourite character dining. We've done the dinner twice and breakfast once. The rotation, having a booth, multiple character meets, delicious food. Ahhh I love it! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ooh and California Grill brunch, another favroutie, even if DS only had chocolate croissants and oranges The rest of us made the most of the buffet. Poor you having to stand guard until someone could come and clear away the mess.

Oh and the snacks at HS. The cookies num num, haven't tried it, really want to!

I'm remembering everything out of order and this reply is gonna read a bit like a tired, mad woman who has barely slept all week is writing keep posting, I'm reading and will reply eventually...

A x
Hello Abby yes, I’m sorry you didn’t get to AKL. This is the first time we had ever visited and we really like the hotel. I think maybe we just went to Boma at a peak time, it could be bad timings? Sanaa was fab, much more chilled and we didn’t need a reservation!

Garden Grill was fun we had a booth facing outwards which was great, the food was super delicious (who doesn’t love tater tots for breakfast :d) and there was lots of lovely character interaction, we would definitely go back and I think dinner would be a great option.

Cali Grill was on my ‘list’ and I’m pleased we visited. Again, it was super relaxed and there was so much to choose from. Yes I do recall seeing pics in your trip report of an orange on a plate! Kids are funny!

That cookie num num was warm and sooo good, Adam wanted to go back and get a second one (we made him share the first one with us )

Thank you for your reply! I hope work isn’t too mad, not long now again til half term. Take care xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I could just eat that breakfast skillet all to myself and that cupcake is so pretty! Boma was mad busy when we last visited too but the food is a bit different to most so we would go back. Wolfgang Puck looks fab, we've never wanted to be tied to the DDP but it looks like somewhere we'd definitely try.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
I could just eat that breakfast skillet all to myself and that cupcake is so pretty! Boma was mad busy when we last visited too but the food is a bit different to most so we would go back. Wolfgang Puck looks fab, we've never wanted to be tied to the DDP but it looks like somewhere we'd definitely try.
Hi Julie, the skillet was delicious and I believe you can ask for more if you need to! We were totally full though

I think with Boma we maybe just went at a peak time, hence the craziness. I did really enjoy Sanaa though. We normally eat offsite (we always have a hire car) so doing the DDP was completely new to us. Wolfgang Puck was worth every cent! Thank you
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
POFQ and Homecoming

We had a quick breakfast at the food court at POFQ. We had pancakes and French toast. The boys loved the pancakes, the French toast was like eating spoonfuls of sugar not my favourite. However we were using up credits before we checked out the following day.

Adam took Cooper to the NBA experience at DS, they both thought it was fantastic and I had a lovely, peaceful wander around DS.

The weather was terrible, super rainy as we made our way to Disney Springs. This was our first visit to Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. We sat inside as the weather was so bad, the service was ok (she was overly attentive ) the setting was great. Adam had the fried chicken and biscuits, Cooper and I had the pot roast with green beans and mash (Cooper had fries instead). We really enjoyed our meals but our server kept trying to add extra items, it got a bit irritating

We did enjoy our meals, however they were huge! We were super full but the waitress was really pushing for us to all order desserts ( I’m supposing it’s all to do with tips?) only Adam ordered and he got the Key Lime Pie. This was delicious We did enjoy this restaurant, however next time I would probably try the fried chicken!

We went to MK for the fireworks, they were amazing as usual. All the Halloween Decorations had been set up and the park looked amazing. Then popped to the plaza ice-cream parlour for an ice-cream sundae, it was delicious!

Edited at 10:41 PM.
Old 9 May 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Mmmmmm ... fried chicken! My son and his girlfriend are coming with us for the first time in a few years on our next visit. He is a fried chicken fiend so Homecomin' is definitely on the list.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Homecomin looks great. Wow that key lime pie is huge. Definitely on the list for next time. I don't remember seeing the French toast on the breakfast menu at POFQ which is a shame as Kate loves making this at home, she really likes the French toast at Discovery Cove, I agree with you as it does look very sugary and the pancakes and bacon looks more appealing.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Mmmmmm ... fried chicken! My son and his girlfriend are coming with us for the first time in a few years on our next visit. He is a fried chicken fiend so Homecomin' is definitely on the list.
Julie that sounds like a great trip! I hope Cooper will still want to travel with us as he gets older. I tried some of Adam’s chicken and it was really flavourful- I can imagine that you would have a great time there. They do some really fancy cocktails too.
Old 9 May 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Homecomin looks great. Wow that key lime pie is huge. Definitely on the list for next time. I don't remember seeing the French toast on the breakfast menu at POFQ which is a shame as Kate loves making this at home, she really likes the French toast at Discovery Cove, I agree with you as it does look very sugary and the pancakes and bacon looks more appealing.
Abby it really was good I like the theming of the restaurant and there is loads of choice on the menu, we would like to go back and just have several appetisers. I needed Cooper to be in the key lime pie pic to show just how huge it was to be fair a lot of it was meringue ‘air’. I love anything cinnamon but the toast was rock hard (like it had been deep fried?) and there was so much sugar I’m with Kate, I love the French toast fingers at Discovery Cove, they keep my energy levels up for the 5 million laps we do of the lazy river.
Old 9 May 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Liberty Tree Tavern and MNSSHP

So we had some pool time and snacks in the room before heading to MK. We had a late lunch/early dinner reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern before attending MNSSHP. We were super excited as we had been to the party before and completely loved it. Please look away now if you are offended by matching t-shirts! These were purchased from UNIGLO at DS and literally every cast member commented on how cool our shirts were!

Tried out the churros ice-cream sandwich- it was awesome!

We did our 3 fastpasses and then headed off to Liberty Tree Tavern. Waited about 10 mins for our table and we were then shown to a lovely room with about 5 other tables in it, it was great, not noisy or crazy busy. There was so much food and it was all super delicious. Kind of like a Sunday roast without the Yorkshire puddings. It is served Family Style and I believe you can order more if you wish (there was more than enough food). We had pot roast, Turkey, Mac n cheese, vegetables, salad and bread rolls.

And for dessert we had the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. So I do not love desserts (savoury girl) but this was sooo good, Adam still talks about it! we finished the whole thing

Time for the party I waited on the kerb for the Boo To You parade ( I love this!) whilst they boys hopped on a few rides and collected some candy, honestly MK was completely rammed. We have been in MK on Christmas Day and it didn’t feel as busy, it was also a completely different experience to our first MNSSHP.

The parade was amazing and we had a brilliant spot right on the kerb, however I’d did have a Mum put her child in my lap - her justification was that they couldn’t see from where they were standing the American lady beside me was super direct and told everyone behind us to stop pushing and remove their children and that it wasn’t her fault they didn’t get their in time to secure a good spot. I need to get tougher I’m just thankful that she was there!

The castle projections and fireworks were fantastic but we ended up watching them from the bridge behind the castle as it was so busy. They were spectacular.

The queues for the rides after the show were ridiculous so we decided to leave. It was like night and day compared to our first MNSSHP. On our way out we walked past a couple that looked familiar, Adam said hi to the wife and congratulated her on her pregnancy, she was really sweet and said hi and thank you, it took me another 5 minutes to realise that it was Jen and Tim Tracker. My excuse is that I am old and I was feeling completely overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people around us.

Cooper did well with his candy haul and for the most part we had a great night. We will never ever attend the first night of MNSSHP again, lesson learned!

Edited at 07:56 AM.
Old 10 May 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A shame it was so busy at the party, but Cooper does look pretty pleased with all the candy.

The dinner at LTT looks amazing, it's another we were supposed to do last year. The ooey gooey toffee pudding just looks delicious.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List