Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 May 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I got cheques last week.
Went to the hassle of moving to Halifax bank as they told me no charges and the exchange rate is on the visa website. Had to open 4 accounts for everyone. Paid them in and my accounts were credited the next day. It’s a shame they didn’t tell me the exchange rate first as it was higher than the visa site they gave me so I’ve lost another £50. Least I’ve gotten back from Disney now after waiting 10 months
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I got cheques last week.
Went to the hassle of moving to Halifax bank as they told me no charges and the exchange rate is on the visa website. Had to open 4 accounts for everyone. Paid them in and my accounts were credited the next day. It’s a shame they didn’t tell me the exchange rate first as it was higher than the visa site they gave me so I’ve lost another £50. Least I’ve gotten back from Disney now after waiting 10 months
Glad you’ve eventually got your refunds 😊
Old 9 May 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Glad you’ve eventually got your refunds 😊
I know so am I. Hard long slog though to get them.

Now all I want to do is book to go back 😆
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ghints View Post
- My original payment method (which unfortunately was the Post Office Credit Card) has now expired

Any thoughts (other than wiating... ) gratefully received !
I'm assuming you mean when it changed over to Jaja? I had no end of trouble because of this and another refund (cruise). It showed on my Jaja account as a refund but not on any of my statements. After multiple months of calls and eventually sending a letter to them recorded delivery giving them 10 days to sort it it was finally manually added to my credit card. If it wasn't for the fact I still have a cruise on that card I would have cancelled it! Absolutely nightmare.

I would attempt to ring again but also some people have had luck on here emailing higher up people to complain. Search back for the email address and try that!

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
No refund yet...

My mobile rang yesterday from a number in London, I was just about to give them a mouthful as I've had loads of scam calls lately - glad I answered it as it was Disney AP Services.

Bought 2 new DVC Gold passes which we can activate anytime in the future (hopefully August).

Once step closer to going, got all our park reservations (for Aug/Sep/Nov and Dec) confirmed on the back of getting the tickets linked.

They did say Finance were still looking into the refund - I don't know what they are looking at - we cancelled in August 2020 and have the confirmation emails from back then!
Glad at least you sorted the new passes. I decided to use my gift card on a Staycation Disney cruise instead

I got cheques last week.
Glad at least you finally got the refund!
Old 9 Jun 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ghints
Trainee Dibber

UPDATE... UPDATE... UPDATE

Well, it has been one week short of a full year, but, having largely given up since my last call, the postman dropped a strange letter through the letterbox with a US postmark and Mickey logo.

At last ! a cheque for $325.65, representing the balance of my annual pass (no idea how they have worked this out, by the way). It only took them 11.5 months (and one expired credit card) to make the refund. Would have preferred a gift card but Disney weren't interested (despite the fact that they would have kept my money... go figure!?!)

Now all I have to do is figure out whether I can pay it into the bank and how much they are going to charge me for the privellege.

The 2020 holiday refunds are finally complete, now I just need to sort out 2021's cancellation.

Good luck to everyone still waiting - never forget how important we all are to Disney, how much they value your calls and make sure that, when they keep you on hold for an hour, pass you off to another cast member who can't help you either... that you have a "magical day" !

WDW - 1980's x4, Indian Ridge 91, 99, Sarasota/Sanibel 95
Chatham Park 01, Tuscan Ridge 07, 09, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23

DLP - New York 97, 11, Newport Bay 06, 08(x2), Sequoia Lodge 09, 17, 18, 19, 22

California - 03
ghints is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Glad to see they are finally paying out those refunds! Does anyone have the email address for guest services please and is that the best route for a complaint regarding APs? I did contact the AP email on the website to ask if they could extend to October but no joy so went back and asked for a formal complaint to be logged. haven't heard anything for 3 weeks so am going to chase. We only had used the passes for 1 day and held onto them as we didn't think we'd still be unable to travel

I'm not sure if the reply back from me went to the best email address to get attention.

Also for those who have rang AP, do you call the US number and do you get charged a lot?

thank you!
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Glad to see they are finally paying out those refunds! Does anyone have the email address for guest services please and is that the best route for a complaint regarding APs? I did contact the AP email on the website to ask if they could extend to October but no joy so went back and asked for a formal complaint to be logged. haven't heard anything for 3 weeks so am going to chase. We only had used the passes for 1 day and held onto them as we didn't think we'd still be unable to travel

I'm not sure if the reply back from me went to the best email address to get attention.

Also for those who have rang AP, do you call the US number and do you get charged a lot?

thank you!
guest.services@disneyworld.com

Copy in
robert.chapek@disney.com
robert.a.iger@disney.com
james.d.macphee@disney.com

If you want to get their attention.

I called 08000850582
Didn’t get charged from my mobile.
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

guest.services@disneyworld.com

Copy in
robert.chapek@disney.com
robert.a.iger@disney.com
james.d.macphee@disney.com

If you want to get their attention.

I called 08000850582
Didn’t get charged from my mobile.
thank you! fingers crossed I can get somewhere
Old 20 Jun 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
judyjude
VIP Dibber

After a 2.5 hr phone call yesterday (called the number above) We were issued a refund for just over $1000 for our unused days and eventually got to use it towards a credit for new annual passes!
I don't know how I missed a mail about refunds! It wasn't an easy call 1st cm I would say over the years that was very rude on the phone basically was first told I was too late to get any credit etc but I kept asking to be put through to a manager then he kept coming back with other options. Also first time I've not been offered to give feedback on a call! In the end it all got sorted and if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't be any wiser! so a massive thank you x

www.facebook.com/729354090488754

info@saltirevillas.com
judyjude is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Just got our refunds back.

£276 each, direct to my Amex account.

Turned out excellent value as we had 2 weeks in Aug/Sept, a week in Dec and a week in March. Cost was £550 each (DVC Gold).
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List