Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 May 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Calabay parc vs highlands reserve

Which one is best?

There is £400 difference on the BA website. Both look to be the same standard of villa with what’s in them etc.

We have stayed at highland reserve and really liked it, not sure I liked it £400 more though.

I think they are both in the area where I want to be as I think these are quite close to one another.

Opinions.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would be happy with either location, but I would book the villa through an owner so I knew exactly what I was getting. I am so picky when it comes to villas, I wouldn't be able to cope with not knowing exactly what it looked like inside (mad yes, I know!) Can you book a fly drive and then book the villa separately? I would stay at either location, or any villa community around that area of the US 27.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I would be happy with either location, but I would book the villa through an owner so I knew exactly what I was getting. I am so picky when it comes to villas, I wouldn't be able to cope with not knowing exactly what it looked like inside (mad yes, I know!) Can you book a fly drive and then book the villa separately? I would stay at either location, or any villa community around that area of the US 27.
I think I’m a bit too worried to do that.
I feel like if I book everything with BA then if it all goes tits up like last year did then I’ve only got one company to chase.
I do look loads at dibb villas but I’d worry something would go wrong and I’d hate to complain at some who is a person rather than a big corporation I don’t have issues moaning at them.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I think I’m a bit too worried to do that.
I feel like if I book everything with BA then if it all goes tits up like last year did then I’ve only got one company to chase.
I do look loads at dibb villas but I’d worry something would go wrong and I’d hate to complain at some who is a person rather than a big corporation I don’t have issues moaning at them.
Honestly, all the owners I have booked through have been brilliant. The dibb villa we have booked for 2022 is on Legacy Park, and the owner has very kindly agreed to give us our deposit back should we decide to cancel before the end of this year. For £200, that is a risk worth taking to get exactly what we want. We had issues in 2019 with the pool heat at the dibb villa we had, I emailed the owner, and within 12 hours the issue was fixed and we had the pool heat we paid for, the owner also refunded us for the day we had no working heat. Owners want to know if there is an issues with their property, and you build up a repour with them in the time from booking and actually visiting their property. The dibb villa we had booked for 2020 wasn't available for our dates in 2022, so the owners have kindly said they will keep hold of the deposit for a future trip should we go in 2023.

I find this personal approach much better than booking through a big corporation. The owners care about who stay in their properties far more than BA would!

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Honestly, all the owners I have booked through have been brilliant. The dibb villa we have booked for 2022 is on Legacy Park, and the owner has very kindly agreed to give us our deposit back should we decide to cancel before the end of this year. For £200, that is a risk worth taking to get exactly what we want. We had issues in 2019 with the pool heat at the dibb villa we had, I emailed the owner, and within 12 hours the issue was fixed and we had the pool heat we paid for, the owner also refunded us for the day we had no working heat. Owners want to know if there is an issues with their property, and you build up a repour with them in the time from booking and actually visiting their property. The dibb villa we had booked for 2020 wasn't available for our dates in 2022, so the owners have kindly said they will keep hold of the deposit for a future trip should we go in 2023.

I find this personal approach much better than booking through a big corporation. The owners care about who stay in their properties far more than BA would!
Yes I would probably try. Like there are some dibb villa owners on here that I would definitely book with because they are so integrated into the dibb everyday and you start to trust the people you talk to but their villas are either too big for us or in a location I didn’t want.

What villas would you recommend?
Old 9 May 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Yes I would probably try. Like there are some dibb villa owners on here that I would definitely book with because they are so integrated into the dibb everyday and you start to trust the people you talk to but their villas are either too big for us or in a location I didn’t want.

What villas would you recommend?
These are the ones we have had dealings with, Palm Tree Villa (Michelle & Chris, very friendly and try to accommodate as much as they can), Jilljo, Viburnham villa (We are staying here next summer), Steve at Windwood bay (was supposed to stay there in Feb but was cancelled, allowed us to change to Aug next year but we couldn't get the dates to work) We also stayed in Aylesbury villa which has now been sold, but the owners Jan & Rob were lovely. My friend is staying in Heron Villa on Highgrove at the same time as us and again, friendly owners and a lovely villa.

We have also stayed in a lovely 3 bed in Westridge, not a dibb villa, but a lovely villa, good owners who live round the corner and a good location. Stayed in a 3 bed condo at Bahama Bay in 2016 but the owners have sold & now DH prefers villas.

It's just about finding exactly what you want in a villa, and being as upfront with questions/requests as possible with the owners!

Old 9 May 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

We’ve stayed at both calabay Parc & Highlands Reserve, both are in a good location, for a £400 saving on AOA I would pick the cheapest. Just double check it is not calabay parc at tower lakes as this villa complex is also on the U27 but down in Haines City so further out
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

I'm sure the other owners that post on here would agree with me in that we are a friendly bunch and more than happy to answer any questions. The pandemic has been hard for everyone in the industry whether they are single owners or big corporations. I'm just eager to get to my happy place and share my little slice of sunshine with others.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List