Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 May 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I think it's a positive step forward I'm pleased to see these sorts of things coming back, even though I know hard ticket events are an income generation exercise, it's nice to see there will be some normality returning.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Seems very scaled down for probably similar money
No show, no fireworks and no boo to you parade
Old 8 May 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

It’s a no from us
We love the boo to you parade and would miss it
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Seems very scaled down for probably similar money
No show, no fireworks and no boo to you parade
The way to look at it is it’s pretty much just their usual After Hours events with a Halloween theme. It’s not the Halloween party.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
The way to look at it is it’s pretty much just their usual After Hours events with a Halloween theme. It’s not the Halloween party.
But no fireworks?
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yes I’m thinking of booking it (assuming the price isn’t ridiculous) for this very reason - I have done the MNSSHP before and it was fine but not something I need to do repeatedly, but if this is more like the early morning magic sessions where you get to go on certain rides multiple times without the queues, I’m more likely to book to get several rides in with limited people about than to book a party which these days are oversold and you end up queuing for hours for all of the ‘special’ stuff - I much prefer the quiet parks with unlimited rides and if the parks are closing early it will be an opportunity for us to spend time on our favourite rides that we prefer to ride in the dark (namely Mine train and thunder mountain!) 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
But no fireworks?
I don’t think there were fireworks at the After Hours events before? It was all about the exclusivity. This one has the Halloween theming including the candy.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Yes I’m thinking of booking it (assuming the price isn’t ridiculous) for this very reason - I have done the MNSSHP before and it was fine but not something I need to do repeatedly, but if this is more like the early morning magic sessions where you get to go on certain rides multiple times without the queues, I’m more likely to book to get several rides in with limited people about than to book a party which these days are oversold and you end up queuing for hours for all of the ‘special’ stuff - I much prefer the quiet parks with unlimited rides and if the parks are closing early it will be an opportunity for us to spend time on our favourite rides that we prefer to ride in the dark (namely Mine train and thunder mountain!) 👍
Yeah it is just like that. Have a search on here for After Hours from a couple of years ago. I don’t remember reading a bad review.
Old 10 May 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
What if there is going to be a new fireworks show for the 50th they don't want to reveal yet that will be before the party starts/as park closes for day ticket holders?
Not sure what you mean? If that's the case then there's no additional benefit for those with these Boo Bash tickets. Previously, with MNSSHP, there were special fireworks on the MNSSHP nights that only those MNSSHP ticket holder could see. However, as of now, Disney hasn't said there will be fireworks for the 50th.

But all I was saying is that, at the moment, Disney seems to be erring on the side of caution and indicating that the current precautions and restrictions will remain into October. As fiffio says, that might change as the rules relax. It's better for Disney to say at the moment there will be restrictions in October but then remove these if the rules allow them than it would be for Disney to promise there will be no restrictions in October but then have to backtrack and keep them if things don't go as well as we all hope.

I was then wondering whether Universal was taking the same approach and saying at the moment that current restrictions will be in place for HHN (with the opportunity to relax these restrictions if they can)? Or were they being more optimistic?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Does anyone know if there will be the ride overlays - like actors in pirates of the Caribbean and completely dark space mountain?