Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 May 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Quick Queue - Busch/Sea World

I am just wondering what are people’s experiences with the quick queue for these parks have been?

My plans fall on visiting these parks over the weekend in August (not until 2022 though) so I expect the cost would be higher.

It’s been a while since I visited but we managed the day without anything. Even with the additional attractions, I’m guessing it’ll be quite easy to do all of them and the shows with the passes.

Any suggestions or tips?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Depending on when you go to Busch in August I wouldn't bother with the Quick Que there (in fact I am not so sure it's busy enough at the moment to warrant it at any point) but we normally go July Aug and in recent times have been surprised how quiet it was.

Now my comments are Pre-covid. There may be all sorts of speed and queuing benefits in a post covid world. So maybe watch this space.

Edited at 05:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

You can buy quick queue on the day so it might be worth waiting to see how busy you feel it is and whether you want it.

We have bought it on the day at Busch before, it wasn’t that expensive, in August and at the start of May. I definitely remember thinking it was more useful in August. Busch also attracts a lot of big groups sometimes (school trips etc.) so we found it good to avoid them. When we went in 2019 though, early October, we didn’t have it and found it fine too.

Seaworld we’ve had the quick queue as a free perk for staying in an on-site hotel before. It was a very good perk! Usually at Seaworld the only rides you need it for are Manta and Journey to Atlantis. I tend to find all the others are less than a 30 min wait throughout the day, including Mako which on the face of it you’d expect to have big queues!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Weekends to tend to be busier with locals. Even so, if you get there early, and stay late when the queues and guest numbers are at its lowest you can probably do without them. The last few times I've picked them up, as usually they are reasonably cheap and I can't stand waiting!
Old 12 May 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Had the passes for SW but not BG and didnt really need them for SW, when we did BG it wasnt that busy and didnt wait that long to go on the rides, as previously mentioned see how busy the places are on the day and if needed buy them then.
Old 12 May 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

I wouldn't bother - we always go in August and have been to Busch several times, bought the QQ, then found out we really didn't need them. In fact the QQ line was often slower than the normal line! We even got our money back for them once as they were completely unnecessary!
If you do decide to get them, I would spend an hour in the parks first and gauge what it's like before you go and buy them.
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Simba2014 View Post
Weekends to tend to be busier with locals. Even so, if you get there early, and stay late when the queues and guest numbers are at its lowest you can probably do without them. The last few times I've picked them up, as usually they are reasonably cheap and I can't stand waiting!
It’s the waiting I’m thinking about as I struggle now (for health reasons) but seems like most are saying queues are generally short anyway!
Old 12 May 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshine31
Gone all Goofy

Do they do rider swap if both adults want to go on but have a younger one to watch?
Sunshine31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I did Sea World and Busch Gardens last 2 weeks of August 2019 and you don't need the Quick Queue. Some rides were walk ons and we just round and round again on them (you have to go through the queue though)
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
I did Sea World and Busch Gardens last 2 weeks of August 2019 and you don't need the Quick Queue. Some rides were walk ons and we just round and round again on them (you have to go through the queue though)
Our plans are 20th and 21st August so towards the end but are over a weekend. Hopefully not too busy.