Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buzzbuzz View Post
hi, congratulations. Things do take longer these days. Also, assuming you have a mortgage application going through, a lot of banking staff are still working from home, so natural delays can occur with getting mortgage offers through etc plus the Stamp Duty deadlines have increased the sales market, so there is a lot of activity going on at the moment. As someone else stated, patience is the key but also don't be afraid to chase your mortgage broker/solicitor/Estate agent for updates and if they ask for anything, make sure you get the info to them as soon as you can. As a broker and having also recently moved myself, I know how frustrating it can be. If it helps, feel free to contact me if you have any queries etc
Thanks so much I am actually using a broker and he is on the case.
Im not very good at waiting 😬

Edited at 09:01 PM.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Congratulations
Wishing it all goes smoothly ans speedily for you
Old 11 May 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Well done what a great adventure it will be
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Congratulations exciting times 😀😀😀
Good luck with it all x
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Congratulations on having your offer accepted and hope everything is straightforward and you’re soon moving into your forever home
Old 12 May 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Congratulations! It certainly sounds well deserved 😊

We had our offer accepted 3 months ago and just yesterday signed our mortgage deeds. Its definitely a slow process and there's been some frustrations along the way so far but all worth it in the end I'm sure.

My biggest problem is trying to resist buying things! Can't wait to make the house our home
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Congratulations! It certainly sounds well deserved 😊

We had our offer accepted 3 months ago and just yesterday signed our mortgage deeds. Its definitely a slow process and there's been some frustrations along the way so far but all worth it in the end I'm sure.

My biggest problem is trying to resist buying things! Can't wait to make the house our home
Ahhh thats great news and gives me hope it wont be too long.
Congratulations and enjoy making your new house your home.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
At 10 weeks in to our simple house purchase and no date yet I’d agree with that one x
True, ours took from September to January to complete.

We were the sellers.

We were mobing into another property we already owned and could go at a second's notice. The buyers were paying 75% cash and 25% mortgage, currently living in rented and on a rolling month tenancy.

No one else involved at all - but still 5 months from start to finish
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Ahhh thats great news and gives me hope it wont be too long.
Congratulations and enjoy making your new house your home.
Thanks, time wise it honestly hasn't been too bad. We're very close to exchanging now so should be in next month all being well.

Worst part to be honest was sorting out paperwork for mortgage. They were much stricter than we'd anticipated and we've had to account for every pound of our income. It was complicated further by DH being partially self employed and they wanted his tax return for this last year which couldn't be filed for until april 6th. They said it's because alot of peoples incomes have altered in the last year so they weren't willing to accept documents that were nearly 12 months old. Quite stressful and cost us a couple of weeks in time.

Fingers crossed you have a quick smooth transaction.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List