Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
01Car
Excited about Disney

I used to get bad sinusitis every time I got a cold. I cut caffeine out and it made a huge diffference. I don’t know whether it was a coincidence or not.
01Car is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Hot water and lemon in the morning before you eat or drink anything else ( don't add sugar or sweetener) also helps break up the congestion in the back of your throat which builds up in the night.
It is a bit sharp but it does work.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post
Thanks for your reply. I never knew there were foods to avoid, the more I'm researching, it seems the bad food is the stuff I like the most
Always the way isn’t it
Good luck with the month trial I really hope it helps you 🤞🏼
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

My friend at work has tinnitus and she is dairy free and something else which I will ask her but I know it works for her ...
Old 12 May 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I had an (sorry TMI but seems alright for this convo) almost constant nasal drip. Super gross. My chiropractor asked me if I had a cold two visits in a row cause she could feel something at my neck. When I said no, she told me to cut out dairy. Low and behold, it disappeared.

It's difficult at first but the longer you go without it, you don't miss it.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Always the way isn’t it
Good luck with the month trial I really hope it helps you 🤞🏼
Thankyou, I will update in a month,
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I may have to tell my son to try this - he’s had like a constant runny nose / cold symptoms for over a year. He carries tissues everywhere and even snores which at 18 shouldn’t be happening. He has just been given steroid drops for three months but wouldn’t want them as a long term option .
Old 12 May 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am vegan so don’t have dairy for other reasons.

I would try different plant milks and see how you get on. I have soya milk in tea and oat milk in coffee and on cereal. You can’t put soya in coffee as it splits. There are various barista plant milks which you may find better if you like milky coffee.

Soya yogurts are really nice and you can get loads of different types. I personally wouldn’t recommend you try vegan cheese as it's manky! Tastes rubbish and smells horrible. They recommend you leave it at least a month when you go vegan before trying the cheese, probably so you forget what proper cheese tastes lie!,

The soft cheeses are fine (Philadelphia type) and flora is dairy free plus you can buy dairy free butter too.

I think you might find it easier than you think. There’s loads of options available now if you look. You can even get vegan Magnums and Ben and Jerry’s, my life is complete.

If you need any help with options, feel free to PM me, there’s lots of things which are “accidentally vegan” so it’s just a case of doing some research.

Good luck and really hope it makes a difference for you,

😁
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Can I just point out not all Flora is dairy free. Also we have recently been trying vegan mozzarella we got in Sainsbury’s for melting on home made pizzas and it’s actually been all right. The vegan apple wood cheddar isn’t too bad either but after most vegan cheese doesn’t taste great and smells like sweaty socks!
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
I am vegan so don’t have dairy for other reasons.

I would try different plant milks and see how you get on. I have soya milk in tea and oat milk in coffee and on cereal. You can’t put soya in coffee as it splits. There are various barista plant milks which you may find better if you like milky coffee.

Soya yogurts are really nice and you can get loads of different types. I personally wouldn’t recommend you try vegan cheese as it's manky! Tastes rubbish and smells horrible. They recommend you leave it at least a month when you go vegan before trying the cheese, probably so you forget what proper cheese tastes lie!,

The soft cheeses are fine (Philadelphia type) and flora is dairy free plus you can buy dairy free butter too.

I think you might find it easier than you think. There’s loads of options available now if you look. You can even get vegan Magnums and Ben and Jerry’s, my life is complete.

If you need any help with options, feel free to PM me, there’s lots of things which are “accidentally vegan” so it’s just a case of doing some research.

Good luck and really hope it makes a difference for you,

😁
Thanks so much for the great info, I've ordered various items in my Tesco shop this week, it's interesting as I've never looked at free from stuff and I'm surprised it's so expensive, I don't mind the extra if it helps. Cheese is my main love so that will be hard to substitute.
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List