Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jan 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

The Disney Lunch Club Rerun: Motivational Edition - Dec 2019 - Day 2

The Disney Lunch Club Rerun: Motivational Edition

Day 2 – Tuesday 3rd December

We started the day with coffee in our holiday mugs (I love these – never seen them before but they are sooo festive!) and got ready for our day. We were starting the day with something different, that is a staple of a Florida holiday for Sean & Tammy – breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We were super excited for this – we’ve seen it on loads of vlogs and it looked great.

Whilst it was super sunny outside, it was quite fresh too. We waited outside in the sunshine and Chauffeur Sean soon pulled up (Tammy calls him that too!) – we were on the way. We got seated immediately and browsed the extensive menu. I had French Toast with sausage and bacon, and everyone else had one of the combo type meals – I can see lots of pancakes and eggs! I really enjoyed this breakfast and browsing in the shop – I bought some Goo Goo Clusters for my family, and a baby’s first Christmas ornament for Ella.

Next was something else new to us – inspired by some of our favourite vloggers (The Lodge Guys) – Target, Dollar Tree and Five Below shopping!

Not going to lie – we bought a lot in Target. Basically managed quite a bit of our Christmas shopping – lots of things that are different from what we could have got back home. We also stocked up on Ghirardelli – all the holiday flavours are sooo good.

After dropping Sean & Tammy’s shopping back off and collecting their Christmas attire (they were staying at the Baymont Inn on the 192), we headed back to Coronado Springs to drop off our shopping and get reading for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

To avoid parking at the TTC and then getting the boat/monorail, Sean & Tammy left their car at Coronado Springs (they had tapped into the parking for our building with our magic bands so all was good) and we got a Minnie Van to Magic Kingdom – another first for Sean & Tammy!

Our driver wasn’t as chatty as others we have had, but still pleasant. Dave and I had personalised jumpers made by the lovely Fairytale Sparkle – we wore them again on Christmas Day. We had some photopass pictures taken then headed for the rides!

We had a FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain, which we all loved. I wish there was a ride photo on here! After this, my hanger struck big time so we decided to get an early tea – then we could justify filling up on cookies later. We got nuggets from Cosmic Ray’s. We hit it at quiet time, as when we were leaving it was getting much busier.

Time to carry on with our FP+ plans – which was the Jingle Cruise (another first for Sean & Tammy) – this was both funny and festive!

Now it was time to ride Haunted Mansion whilst in the know about the ride photo, so that we could avoid a shot like this….

And get one more like this…

Next was Pirates of the Caribbean, which was pretty much a walk on.

Before we came away, all four of us had been under the weather, and I had a cough that just kept reappearing every time I got cold. Thankfully, I had got some cough sweets in Target (after annoying everyone at Hollywood Studios last night!) and also packed a great hat that my Mum had got for me.

It’s a Small World was a walk on – Sean hates this ride but we motivated him into riding it.

We also hopped onto the Carousel with no wait.

Another first for Sean & Tammy coming up – the TTA Peoplemover! We love this – a true classic. Hard to see the Tron construction in the dark but we planned to see it again.

It was almost time for the parade so we headed to the hub. We aren’t people who stake out spots for hours for a parade – we are happy at the back as you can usually still see plenty. We didn’t think you could see much at all if you weren’t at the front for this though. The music was also a bit uninspiring. Tammy has been a regular visitor to DLP and played us their Christmas parade music afterwards – much more cheerful and upbeat. Can’t say we were very impressed really - and we were definitely cold!

The fireworks weren’t too far away but we managed to get two more rides in before then – Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and The Little Mermaid.

We watched the fireworks from Main Street to be able to make a swift exit (via the Emporium of course) and really enjoyed them! Much more uplifting than the parade. The snow on Main Street USA was lovely too.

We did get lots of cookies, hot chocolate etc as we went round, but not an amount to write home about. All in all if I had to choose MNSSHP or MVMCP – MNSSHP is better value for money I think. Both enjoyable, but MNSSHP would win for me (and I prefer Christmas to Halloween!).

We headed out of the park and to the Minnie Van line. Bad idea – nobody could get a Minnie Van at all. We’ve done Minnie Vans at park closing before but this was mental. We decided to go and get the bus instead, and as luck would have it, one pulled up just as we got to the stop.

First time on a Disney Bus for Sean & Tammy too – and we were quickly back at Coronado Springs. Sean had sensibly parked right by the bus stop, so they hopped in the car back to their hotel and we wandered up to our room. I made us some coffee to warm up (Mousekeeping got the idea that decaff was our thing and left us extra decaff pods – amazing), then headed to bed.

Tomorrow – Vineland Premium Outlets, Disney Springs and Chilis…

Steps - 28,538
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great start to the day, we love Cracker Barrel and there is always fun things to buy in the store too. A Minnie Car Trip is a total treat, especially to MK in Christmas Sweaters! Your night time castle pic is lovely. it looks like you all had a great day
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great start to the day, we love Cracker Barrel and there is always fun things to buy in the store too. A Minnie Car Trip is a total treat, especially to MK in Christmas Sweaters! Your night time castle pic is lovely. it looks like you all had a great day
Thank you! It was such a good day - if a tad chilly!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry the party was a bit of a disappointment, but great that you've experienced one now (with such fabulous sweaters, too!)
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Sorry the party was a bit of a disappointment, but great that you've experienced one now (with such fabulous sweaters, too!)
Wore them on Christmas Day too 🤣
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start to the day with a Cracker Barrel breakfast nice to get lots of shopping done and a goodnight at MK

Joan
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great start to the day with a Cracker Barrel breakfast nice to get lots of shopping done and a goodnight at MK

Joan
I do love to eat and shop 🤣
Old 9 Apr 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Looks like another lovely day. Cracker Barrel looked great as did The Christmas party night. We didn’t manage that on our Christmas trip as they stopped before we arrived on Christmas Eve.
Old 9 Apr 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Cracker Barrel keep sending me offer emails at the moment - wish we coud get back there!
Old 19 Apr 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Just catching up on your report. Thanks
Great jumpers 🎄
Looks pretty cold during December... usual or a cold snap?
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List