Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Dec 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I’m really hoping that masks aren’t a requirement by then. It’s one thing wearing them in December when the weather is cooler but I know how hot it gets in August and there’s no way I could walk around wearing one all day in the humidity.
Old 28 Dec 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I worry about how the vaccine requirement would work given that children are not being vaccinated. Even if DH and I are vaccinated before summer, my children won’t be so if a vaccine is required then we won’t be able to go. We are booked late July/August and I flip daily between feeling positive and in despair about it all.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I worry about how the vaccine requirement would work given that children are not being vaccinated. Even if DH and I are vaccinated before summer, my children won’t be so if a vaccine is required then we won’t be able to go. We are booked late July/August and I flip daily between feeling positive and in despair about it all.
I'm in the same boat, but most younger people wont be vaccinated anyway - so if the US wants us in, they will probably go for a negative test result in the few days before hand? That's what I'm hoping, otherwise there will be many cancellations.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
I'm in the same boat, but most younger people wont be vaccinated anyway - so if the US wants us in, they will probably go for a negative test result in the few days before hand? That's what I'm hoping, otherwise there will be many cancellations.
That would put me off booking, given that most kids seem to be asymptomatic if they catch it, it’s to much of a risk. Really don’t know what the answer is though if vaccination for entry becomes compulsory.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
That would put me off booking, given that most kids seem to be asymptomatic if they catch it, it’s to much of a risk. Really don’t know what the answer is though if vaccination for entry becomes compulsory.
I agree its a possibility. I have only booked with deposits so far, most if it transferred from last year so I could do again if it comes to it. I haven't even bothered with insurance yet, I'm waiting to see what the score is before I pay the balances.

I do think I've already had it, and my boys, but it was in March/April so were not tested - I don't know if that would prevent a reinfection anyway.

It maybe by then (with so many vaccines coming out) that you can pay for one - it will be pricey I'm sure, but if it got me in I'd do it!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

This morning we moved our package from 16th August from Gatwick to 14th August from Heathrow. Heathrow is definitely better for us as we can travel there in the morning and we get better flight times and an upgraded room for pretty much the same price. This will be attempt 5 for us and our first ever visit so fingers crossed it happens!
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Like most I'm keeping positive and hopeful that all will be better/normal for travel to the US by mid/late 2021 (we're due to go end of July).

I think with the global rollout of vaccines, better knowledge on the virus etc etc the situation will change, so trying not to worry and get as much planned so we can take our minds onto positive things 🙂
Orlando_Kings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ajbajb98
Helping Donald

Same, we go late July. Bought park tickets with flex insurance but not sure want to go if still need masks etc, however not sure we can cancel/amend the flights and hotel. I assume would only be able to if UK government bans you flying there?
Ajbajb98 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We go early July so looks like it’ll be changed again for the 5th time😭

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m tempted to book for august. I really feel like we need something to look forward to.
Or maybe Christmas. It’s so hard to guess

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List