Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Mar 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly View Post
Thats the same as us AlanScotland. I was told by the credit card company to query them again via their online form and screenshot it. If they don't reply by the end of March to send that info to the credit card company again and they will look into it. The fact that Travelbuzz replies with the email saying oh we may have staff in during May is poor form. I believe that Travelbuzz is part of Hays Travel so I may try them but Im not holding out much hope. What is worrying if tickets are being refund requested by them how can you possibly travel with them in the hope that you may be able to a use them this year or b use them next year and pay the difference.
My son has been messaging Hays Travel for a couple of months, after an initial reply to send more details, nothing. He keeps sending in the hope of a reply.
Old 9 Mar 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MarBell
slightly serious Dibber

Take them to small claims court possibly?
MarBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

We also have Disney and Universal tickets bought early last year from Florida Escapes. I’m really not sure what to do about the tickets. We are hoping to go in September so could use them then, or if not try to get a refund, but who from? I was also hanging on in hope that Disney or Universal might extend the expiry date further. I’m now wondering if they are still valid if we did try to use them?
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigerlilly
Getting to know the DIBB

I would absolutely check they are still valid before you go as I now have another email from Universal saying the tickets have been refunded back to Florida Escapes and are not valid. So could you imagine if I went this year with them got to the gate and discovered they weren't valid. I am now in possession of invalid Universal tickets and no refund in my account! I will be checking my Disney tickets too. Ill keep you posted re any refunds etc. And yes if I don't get anywhere I will be taking it to the small claims court.
Tigerlilly is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical2020
I have Ears

We are also booked for September, we purchased our tickets in 2019 Black Friday offer for our trip in September 2020 which didn't happen due to the pandemic, I was quite happy last year to be told our tickets would be extended until the end of this year but now as we get closer and still so many will we/won't we be able to get there I am becoming increasingly worried, we were hoping for answers in March which is when Florida Escapes had mothballed the company till but now it says till the borders reopen, I have just emailed a photo of our tickets to Universal to have them checked and I will email Disney next, thanks for all this information, fingers crossed we all get sorted
Magical2020 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Surely if you forward the email confirming FE has had a refund to your credit card company they would refund you under S75? That is what I would be pushing for now in your shoes. It's irrelevant you holding the tickets if they are invalid!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Surely if you forward the email confirming FE has had a refund to your credit card company they would refund you under S75? That is what I would be pushing for now in your shoes. It's irrelevant you holding the tickets if they are invalid!
Our claim has been with Barclaycard since the beginning of November, each time we phone we're told it's being looked at.
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

Thats the same as us AlanScotland. I was told by the credit card company to query them again via their online form and screenshot it. If they don't reply by the end of March to send that info to the credit card company again and they will look into it. The fact that Travelbuzz replies with the email saying oh we may have staff in during May is poor form. I believe that Travelbuzz is part of Hays Travel so I may try them but Im not holding out much hope. What is worrying if tickets are being refund requested by them how can you possibly travel with them in the hope that you may be able to a use them this year or b use them next year and pay the difference.
My wife has sent a DM to Universal and Disney on Twitter. Universal asked for the ticket numbers then confirmed they will be valid until end of 2022. If Disney do likewise I will happily go and use my tickets.

Unless Florida Escapes received a refund for your tickets and didn't pass it on I don't see why the theme park wouldn't allow you to upgrade them for 2022 equivalents
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

I would absolutely check they are still valid before you go as I now have another email from Universal saying the tickets have been refunded back to Florida Escapes and are not valid. So could you imagine if I went this year with them got to the gate and discovered they weren't valid. I am now in possession of invalid Universal tickets and no refund in my account! I will be checking my Disney tickets too. Ill keep you posted re any refunds etc. And yes if I don't get anywhere I will be taking it to the small claims court.
I think they call this theft. You will get your money I'm sure of it. Have Universal provide you paperwork showing the refund and submit it to your bank as evidence.
AlanScotland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AlanScotland
Gone all Goofy

2020 Universal explorer tickets are valid automatically until end 2022. Check urgently with Universal that Florida Escapes haven't obtained a refund on your tickets and invalidated them. This is what they have done to mine. And they have kept the money too.