Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Mar 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Villa, condo or hotel for next year?

We are returning to Orlando for a week next August'22 before having a week on Anna Maria Island to get married.

There will be a big group of 17 members of family although we will all be sorting our own accommodation out. After a fairly stressful time sharing a villa with the in laws in 2017, we won't be making the same mistake

So with it being just the 4 of us, myself, OH, DD who will be 19 and DS 17 it leaves us with more options.
I have always said I would never want to stay in anything other than a villa and absolutely love Formosa Gardens Estates but I'm now warming to the idea of a hotel.
I've seen a few around Disney Springs that look good contenders, the Hilton and Wyndham, although no idea what they are actually like. Are many of them close to the shops and restaurants?
It will likely be just myself and maybe the teens doing Disney, meeting my family in the parks as my OH will be playing golf.

Not too sure on budget at the mo as we want the house on AMI to be amazing and they don't come cheap! Maybe £1500 for a week? Are there many suite type hotels in this area as we can not share a room with the kids. I don't want any fallouts the week before the wedding
The other option is a condo with facilities, any recommendations?
Or would you just stick with what you know and rent a villa?

Apologies for the long winded post, as you can see I'm being very indecisive

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, it is tuff to make the decision but if you like a villa and the facilities it offers then why not go for a villa again.

You can do a few parks then chill out in preparation for the big day.

Hope you find what suits you the best.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, it is tuff to make the decision but if you like a villa and the facilities it offers then why not go for a villa again.

You can do a few parks then chill out in preparation for the big day.

Hope you find what suits you the best.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I really do love a villa stay for the chill out factor, one of my favourite parts of the holiday is having breakfast out by the pool in peace and quiet before anyone arises
I was just thinking that it would be quite a nice change to be within walking distance of bars and restaurants plus transport to the parks as OH will have the car for golf.
It's a lovely dilemma to have that's for sure!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Why not pop a post in the villa request section then at least you will have a starting point to see what is available then you can look at other options to compare.

You can not beat coffee by the pool in the morning lol.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Nothing beats that first cuppa in the morning watching the sun come up over the pool deck for me and the fact we don’t have to troop to the pool can nip in and out for a drink snack
On non park days every one can suit themselves for breakfast etc and the big big one no flipping golf clubs taking up so much space in the room Ian’s come out our owners locker and sit either in our wide foyer or the garage the garage if I’m there my biggest issue would be washing I flipping hate using hotel laundry’s out of use machines no free machines when you get there or finding that random sock in your laundry that you either gained in the washer or dryer but Ian says I’m OCD about laundry to which I plead the fifth
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List