Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Apr 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

So glad I found this thread as we had resigned ourselves to £600+ for car hire. I checked Virgin and have emailed Andy and prices look much more hopeful!

I've never booked with Virgin before, just wondering if we do do they give you the code required to skip the counter for Alamo?
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Thing to remember is, cheapest isn't always the best especially in the USA!

Check what you are getting for your money. Andy at DFCH provides "all in" prices rather than you having to seek out the tick boxes to ensure you have the correct cover - worth checking
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
So glad I found this thread as we had resigned ourselves to £600+ for car hire. I checked Virgin and have emailed Andy and prices look much more hopeful!

I've never booked with Virgin before, just wondering if we do do they give you the code required to skip the counter for Alamo?
Yes, you get the code in advance with Virgin (and myself)

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another for Andy
Old 7 Apr 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
^^^^

Do what Andy says he's been great every time for me since 2012
Never been competitive on our quotes (maybe because it is over the XMAS period), but I've heard great things so I give him a go each time in case he get me a deal
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Hi everyone I’ve not visited for a few months due to cancelled holidays. Anyhow this weekend we decided to re-book for next May. I was shocked when I tried to get a quote for car hire. Came on here to see if anyone knew why and this was the first thread I could see.
On the first Page I noticed Andy say to email him. I had checked his page earlier as I’ve used him before but the Alamo prices where expensive compared to what I wanted.
Two emails later and I’ve booked the SUV I wanted at much much lower price than I could have wished for.
Andy is amazing used him before and made up with his service this week.
Just reach out to him he will beat anyone.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

The last time i looked a full size SUV for Aug 20th - Aug 29th was expensive, but better than it had been. I had been planning to make a booking (our original booking last year had two full size SUV for the 8 of us).

Spurred on by everything feeling a lot more promising as to the viability of the holiday, I looked yesterday only to see that the same car is now over £900 on DFCH. Absolutely in shock, even getting a single full size SUV and a full size saloon is a ridiculous amount. Hopefully prices will start to fall again...
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
The last time i looked a full size SUV for Aug 20th - Aug 29th was expensive, but better than it had been. I had been planning to make a booking (our original booking last year had two full size SUV for the 8 of us).

Spurred on by everything feeling a lot more promising as to the viability of the holiday, I looked yesterday only to see that the same car is now over £900 on DFCH. Absolutely in shock, even getting a single full size SUV and a full size saloon is a ridiculous amount. Hopefully prices will start to fall again...
Cheapest around at the moment is the insider prices on Ebookers.com with Budget. Just sign up for free and log in. Looks to be around £600 for your dates. Free cancellation. I’ve booked for October. I’d rather use Alamo but not for an extra £500. Hopefully the prices come down nearer the time.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Cheapest around at the moment is the insider prices on Ebookers.com with Budget. Just sign up for free and log in. Looks to be around £600 for your dates. Free cancellation. I’ve booked for October. I’d rather use Alamo but not for an extra £500. Hopefully the prices come down nearer the time.
I’ve looked at this but doesn’t give any details on insurance just says no CDW but want £600 deposit when you pick it up on credit card.

Virgin is the cheapest at the mo I can find but I’ve emailed Andy.
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Another recommendation for Andy, very happy with the price he gave us for Feb ‘22. Great service & fast replies also

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List