Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Apr 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dobby68
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Making park reservations

Hi, we’ve just ordered our Disney tickets for this August with full cover should we need to cancel for any reason. When they arrive we know we can start making park reservations. We usually start our 14 day tickets about five days into the holiday with going for three weeks. Other years we have had a park day followed by a water park day. Should we reserve a theme park day for each of the 14 days ‘just incase’ we change our mind? What happens if you don’t use them? And will we need to cancel our reservation if we chose to have a water park day instead? Thanks, I’m a bit confused
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I have booked a park day for almost all of our 14 days, my plan is to cancel them if we do not need them that day/or in advance when we know more of our plans.

We are going Christmas for the first time and I am thinking we might have some relaxing days and enter the parks later, or water park days and then head into Epcot for dinner etc. By having the parks booked it will help give us a little bit of an idea of a plan.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

If you have a 14-day ticket, i'd defiantly make all 14 reservations. That's what we've done even though we will probably only use half of them.

If you don't need them when you're there, just cancel them.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I would say yes book them, I booked all of our 14 days worth for our may trip which is now cancelled, but I think it is better to have them and cancel if you don't need them

You can book them over 15 days if you have a day off in the middle
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dobby68 View Post
Hi, we’ve just ordered our Disney tickets for this August with full cover should we need to cancel for any reason. When they arrive we know we can start making park reservations. We usually start our 14 day tickets about five days into the holiday with going for three weeks. Other years we have had a park day followed by a water park day. Should we reserve a theme park day for each of the 14 days ‘just incase’ we change our mind? What happens if you don’t use them? And will we need to cancel our reservation if we chose to have a water park day instead? Thanks, I’m a bit confused
Reserving parks for all 14 days of your ticket "just in case" is a good idea. So, yes, I would recommend this even if you're not planning on visiting the Disney parks on all 14 of those days. I used to do that with fastpasses.

If you change your mind or don't go to a park that day then simply cancel the reservation.

If you don't cancel the reservation then Disney won't fine you or anything. So there's no problem if you forget to cancel the reservation, although it might count as one of the 14 days you can reserve (which is probably not an issue for you).

ETA: You can book a main park and visit a waterpark on the same day. Because you don't need a reservation for the waterpark then there's nothing stopping you from visiting the waterpark and then going to a main park you've booked later in the day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:12 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List