Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Apr 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Lotty
Proud to wear my Ears

Galaxy’s Edge question

Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of booking for October 21 for 7 days for hhn- we would stay onsite at universal. I am really keen to visit Galaxy’s edge and wondered if this was possible to see it all with just a day ticket. It’s been many years since I have been to wdw and I’m aware that reservations have to be made at the moment and I can’t see that 1 day tickets are available, though I’m sure things may change by October. Just wondered what people’s views were on crowds and lines in that part of the park. Thanks 😊
Lotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can buy one day tickets through my Disney experience, or from undercover tourist, or Orlando Attractions.

Rise of the resistance is a virtual queue ride, so if you get to the park pre opening and ready on the app when the booking opens then you will get given a boarding group and then you can spend the rest of you time exploring, you then head to the ride at the boarding group time given. The other ride has a fast pass queue I think, but I don’t think fast passes are being used at the moment. We went in 2019 and queued for 45 mins. You can book a reservation at Ogas Cantina to ensure that you get a table (it’s just drinks and snacks) but at least you would be guaranteed the experience. You can also book an appointment to build a droid or lightsaber so you get that experience too. It does get busy but there is so much you can book, that you would get most of it done and then can enjoy other aspects of the park.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For just Galaxy’s Edge then yes a one day ticket will be enough.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Galaxy’s edge is really not very big and I think even the hardest fan would find it hard (dare say impossible) to fill a full day there. So you would have more than enough time,
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I watched a recent Vlog by Molly -All-ears & she managed all of the top rides in a day, as far as Rise there were 2 virtual queues 07:00/13:00, she missed the first one as she had to mess about with her booking party but did manage the second one. Her longest queue was 50 mins (I think) but there were various times that day where queues exceeded this & it did seem to be a case of "pick your battle".
As others have said GE isn't very big, certainly wouldn't expect to spend more than 60-90 mins in there (on a normal day)
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Getting a boarding pass for ROTR is still a challenge but you don't need to be in the park at 7am but you would need to be at 1pm.
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

As a family of Star Wars fans I’d say you’d easily do it in a day. The main concern would be getting on Rise of the Resistance through the virtual pass. When we went in Feb 2020 there was only one chance and you had to be in the park. That’s different now so hopefully more of an opportunity. As mentioned before, book anything else you can to make sure you get those experiences. Olga’s Cantina is well worth it. We didn’t do the droid experience as it was very expensive so I can’t comment on that.
It’s an incredibly immersive space, with interactive “challenges” that you can play on your phone, great character interaction and amazing setting and photo opportunities. Enjoy
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lotty
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
As a family of Star Wars fans I’d say you’d easily do it in a day. The main concern would be getting on Rise of the Resistance through the virtual pass. When we went in Feb 2020 there was only one chance and you had to be in the park. That’s different now so hopefully more of an opportunity. As mentioned before, book anything else you can to make sure you get those experiences. Olga’s Cantina is well worth it. We didn’t do the droid experience as it was very expensive so I can’t comment on that.
It’s an incredibly immersive space, with interactive “challenges” that you can play on your phone, great character interaction and amazing setting and photo opportunities. Enjoy
How does booking a space on Rise of the Resistance work? I’m worried we’ll miss the boat! Thank you
Lotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Also. Jumping on threads. How does the DAS work in galaxy edge?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lotty View Post
How does booking a space on Rise of the Resistance work? I’m worried we’ll miss the boat! Thank you
They’ve changed it massively since we were there. From what I understand there are now two booking slots, one in the morning where you don’t have to be in the park, and one in the afternoon when you do have to be in the park. But this could change again by the time you go. The best thing to do is to keep an eye on the bloggers (I’m not sure which are best for this but others might be able to point you in the right direction) and look out for changes to the process.
When we went it was a nightmare and took us three visits to the park to finally get on it. But it had only been open two months by then. They’ve definitely made the process easier.
Other tips are make sure everyone is already on your MyDisneyExperience with their tickets loaded etc. Then you can book for your whole party. Have as many of your party as possible with the app on their phones so that a number of you can try to book at the same time. And each of those people to try to use different networks - park internet, their own data, etc.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List