Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Don't Be Grumpy! Feb 19- Day 5

Day 5- Goodbye POR, hello Grand Floridian Villas/Epcot/Magic Kingdom- 25th Feb 19
Dude, where's our food?

Today started with lots of packing because today we were switching from Port Orleans Riverside to the Villas at Grand Floridian. We called Bell Services to come and get our luggage including a bag of refrigerated food with our milk, sandwich stuff and yoghurt in it. This part is important.

Then we went for our last breakfast at Riverside Mill- Mum had the bounty platter with a waffle again and I had a large Mickey waffle, one of the essential Disney food groups. After that, we went to Epcot for the last day of the Festival Of The Arts.

We had a fastpass for Test Track for mid morning, so we went to meet Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope.

And then wandered around and admired the chalk paintings which were amazing and checked out the festival centre.

There wasn't any interesting demonstrations going on, we weren't fussed on how to make a flower crown, so we had a look in Mousegears then went to ride Test Track.

My car, as usual was silly but it came second in most of the tests and even first in one occasion. I scored 208. We skipped the photo opportunities after the ride and decided to head straight to Grand Floridian to check in and get our magic bands.

We actually were able to do the check in part at the main desk at the resort, although our bands would have to be picked up at the Villas building. We then went round to Gasparilla Grill for some lunch to use our last QS credit.

Mum had a create your own salad bowl which she enjoyed and I had a tomato, pesto and 3 cheese pizza which was gorgeous. Best pizza I've had on property and completely blew the greasy round pepperoni ones you normally get at quick service places out of the water.

Whilst we ate we got a text that our room was already ready so we used up our last snack credits on a few snacks and a tub of Butterfinger ice cream, went over and collected our bands. Our first impressions were fantastic- the lobby of the Villas were beautiful and themed to Mary Poppins.

When we reached the room, mousekeepers were finishing off the room and it was immediately so much nicer than the first one- small, but clean, bright and comfortable. My bed was the pull down bunk you see- I'm short and fitted it fine. It was actually quite comfortable!

From our balcony we could see monorails going by, the Polynesian and the wedding pavillion, and in the corner, we could just about see the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Contemporary peeking out from the corner.

Not long after we got in the room a wedding began and after the ceremony finished, they had the happy couple take pictures in front of a Cinderella like carriage. I dread to think how much it would cost to have a ceremony there, but the setting was beautiful and I bet the ceremony was too.

Then we called Bell Services to get our luggage delivered, and here the fun started. Most of the luggage arrived an hour after we called because of a problem, but our refrigerated items? Still at Riverside. Waiting for our normal luggage is bad enough, but we proceeded to wait 2 hours for our bag of food before Mum had quite enough. We were told it would be another hour, she wasn't impressed in the slightest. That in fact was a huge understatement!

Eventually the manager called and offered us a 100 dollar credit on our room, and 3 fastpasses each. Result! We decided to head to MK and try for a walk up at Crystal Palace. They could get us in in 90 minutes, so Mum left her name, then we went away and rode Pirates then came back.

The food got mixed reviews among us both, I thought it was really nice and loved the salmon, cornbread and the 4 different types of vegetables available. Certainly loaded up on vegetables if not anything else. Mum didn't enjoy it as much and didn't find much that she would have liked to eat. Both of us enjoyed the desserts though!

The characters were good as usual and Eeyore was as cuddly as I remembered him. The only downside was our server who was very forgetful and took a long time to bring us our drinks and later, our bill. When we were finally finished, the park had closed, so we made our way out and took the resort monorail back. So nice not to have to wait for buses!

However, there was a small problem with the gates that added a short delay to our journey home. Still, we were home and in our beds in much quicker time then we were back at Riverside.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Really enjoying this so far... thank you
Old 25 Apr 21, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
On our return to GFV we were told that our bag of food had finally arrived, so I collected it and put it in the cupboards/fridge when we returned to our room. The left over Homecomin' meal never did get eaten as we were supposed to have it that evening and didn't want to reheat it 2 days later.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List