Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Apr 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Taking Pram/Stroller to Florida

Hi all,

We are travelling next year for the first time with what will be our two year old so will need to take a pram/stroller.

Are there any size limits with virgin or Disney? I can’t seem to find anything online really.

For reference we have an Oyster 3.

Thanks in advance!
DisneyAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Weve never noticed any restrictions. You should be fine with that.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Or don’t take one and buy a cheap one at Walmart once your there but obviously that doesn’t help at the airport!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Buy a cheap pushchair before you go , if yours is damaged in the hold you will be pram less in the UK awaiting a claim. Also less likely to be stolen if it's cheap & cheerful.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyAL View Post
Hi all,

We are travelling next year for the first time with what will be our two year old so will need to take a pram/stroller.

Are there any size limits with virgin or Disney? I can’t seem to find anything online really.

For reference we have an Oyster 3.

Thanks in advance!
You can take it but I recommend something a bit smaller with a one step one hand fold for the car park trams, buses, etc like a babyjogger city mini, oyster zero or mamas and papas armadillo. Lots of people take umbrella strollers but I prefer something with a huge hood, lies flat and has a decent basket.

The other option is to rent one out there from a company like Kingdom Strollers.
shelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

If you are staying in a Villa check with the owners before buying or renting I'm sure we are not the only ones with a selection of buggies for our guests to use.

Edited at 12:02 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

There’s no restrictions you’ll be fine. Just travel light if you can and look for one that lies flat/near flat for naps, has a decent hood for the sun and storage. Baby joggers are good but I loved my joie litetrax.
They damaged my baby jogger on the hold but replaced it fit a brand new one so I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s more lugging them about really, on buses, collecting from flight, on car park trams, monorails etc.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by storm View Post
Buy a cheap pushchair before you go , if yours is damaged in the hold you will be pram less in the UK awaiting a claim. Also less likely to be stolen if it's cheap & cheerful.
Do people actually steal prams at Disney?
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Busyb View Post
At DLP we rented one of those big plastic ones and after we came off a ride it had gone despite it having our names on the handle

We told a cast memebr and they went and got us another.
Old 1 May 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Busyb View Post
I'm sure I remember reading about a woman who was finally caught after stealing several pushchairs, think it was a large number - seems she'd buy park tickets just for that purpose. Can't remember if she had accomplices.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List