Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 1 May 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Viewers without internet access, who may be housebound, or even those shielding, so unable to pop into their neighbour, have been left wondering why they bothered watching the first four episodes.
ITV have shown a completely cavalier disregard for their viewers, particularly those on low incomes, and the elderly, without access to ITV Hub and other online choices.
Many will think twice before watching any more serialised dramas on ITV.
ITV should have shown Viewpoint as normal. Instead of making it available online 'for those that want to find it', they should have let viewers decide whether they wanted to watch it on TV.
In the grand scheme of things though, it’s just a tv program and I’m sure people will get over it unlike those who may be victims of sexual assault/ harassment by this individual.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Viewers without internet access, who may be housebound, or even those shielding, so unable to pop into their neighbour, have been left wondering why they bothered watching the first four episodes.
ITV have shown a completely cavalier disregard for their viewers, particularly those on low incomes, and the elderly, without access to ITV Hub and other online choices.
Many will think twice before watching any more serialised dramas on ITV.
ITV should have shown Viewpoint as normal. Instead of making it available online 'for those that want to find it', they should have let viewers decide whether they wanted to watch it on TV.
Really , you don’t have a very high opinion of actors if you believe this will now become a common occurrence !
I don’t for a moment believe it’ll make people think “Hmm I better not watch that series as it’s on ITV and if any of their actors are investigated for illegal acts it might only be shown on the Hub” . Maybe you will stop watching all ITV drama now yourself but most people won’t think that way !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Maybe you will stop watching all ITV drama now yourself but most people won’t think that way !
All is well that ends well.
All those concerned have watched it now.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
They haven’t removed it because they think he’s guilty, they’ve removed it because he’s under investigation.
Technically, he’s not under criminal investigation - at least not yet.

The police are currently “assessing the information”, which isn’t the same as being under investigation. Basically they are still considering whether to begin investigating or not.

ITV pulled the episode because of the allegations raised in the Guardian and before the police got involved.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Our plan had been to have a couple of hours here and there, but I now believe it'll be removed from ITV Hub today, Sunday? I'll have a word with mother as she may have recorded to watch at a later date, as she doesn't have access to catch up I'll advise her not to bother.

Out of interest, was it any good, worth watching?
Old 2 May 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I am sure he has still been paid for his role in this. I think they could have shown it with an announcement. I feel sorry for the viewers who invested 4 hours of their lives in this and have no means to watch the finale.
Personally I feel far more sympathy for the women who have come forward. Given the number of them I find it personally unlikely they are all lying. By legal definition he’s innocent until proved guilty but given the number of reports concerned and the fact The Guardian seemed sure enough I suspect there is significant evidence.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

In the grand scheme of things though, it’s just a tv program and I’m sure people will get over it unlike those who may be victims of sexual assault/ harassment by this individual.
I agree. Can’t believe people can be so dismissive of these women and actually think a television programme is more important.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
I agree. Can’t believe people can be so dismissive of these women and actually think a television programme is more important.
Ok genuine question because I really dont understand how pulling the last episode of a series (and the situation was known about before they screened episode 4) helps these women? I'm certainly not dismissive of them but I cannot understand why an announcement could not be made each side of the show.
I'm prepared to listen and I'm certainly open to persuasion but so far I am genuinely at a loss. Also note I am in no way defending his actions.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Ok genuine question because I really dont understand how pulling the last episode of a series (and the situation was known about before they screened episode 4) helps these women? I'm certainly not dismissive of them but I cannot understand why an announcement could not be made each side of the show.
I'm prepared to listen and I'm certainly open to persuasion but so far I am genuinely at a loss. Also note I am in no way defending his actions.
The way I see it is imagine you suffered at the hands of this man a couple of years ago and and it still effects you now and then all of a sudden he’s on a mainstream channel and he is being talked about/praised everywhere from social media to newspapers and news sites and you can’t get away from seeing him?
I’d feel pretty upset and feel I’d have to say something so maybe it’s the channels way of saying “we hear you” and not prolonging this guys screen time any longer.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

The way I see it is imagine you suffered at the hands of this man a couple of years ago and and it still effects you now and then all of a sudden he’s on a mainstream channel and he is being talked about/praised everywhere from social media to newspapers and news sites and you can’t get away from seeing him?
I’d feel pretty upset and feel I’d have to say something so maybe it’s the channels way of saying “we hear you” and not prolonging this guys screen time any longer.
Thank you for the explanation. I suppose if they hadn't pulled it we would not be discussing it here now, which has to be a good thing. I just felt sorry for people with no means to see the last episode.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List