Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 May 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 16 - Home

Wednesday 18th July

last day All good things...

Index is here

Finally on the very last day we made the effort to get up early, not to go to the parks though but to have a fair bit of pool time before check out. We had a quick breakfast at club level and headed for the pool. We had an hour extras checkout time which was great.

Ds is always happy in the water. It was pretty quiet, the weather was glorious and we mucked around with the beach balls for a bit before they put the pool volleyball net up.

The weather was starting to look a little dodgy and just as we got into Universal and the storm picked up. Ds and Dh had nipped to the toilet and I was in the shop, it was so bad I got a little peace to browse before the other two dared nip across. It was pretty much the first big storm of the holiday.

Jimmy Fallon was up next with Hashtag the Panda entertaining people with his dancing. Please excuse the matching tops, there is a first and last time for everything…

Gringotts was in a better state this morning so we managed to get to ride it this morning and grab a frozen butter beer.

Then the choice between food or 1 last go on Hulk, Hulk won, well for me, I rode alone so that was it for this holiday for Ds, he got close but each time he changed his mind. Never mind.

So cookies from the bakery at IOA on the way back to the hotel. Raisin and oatmeal, chocolate chip and white chocolate and macadamia.$8.

When we were leaving RPR Ds met Gru in the lobby, he was brilliant and was trying to check people in.

We were picked up by quicksilver for a stress free trip to the airport.
Here’s where we made a big food mistake. We had plenty of time and security wasn’t that bad so we went through. We should have gone with our gut and eaten at Panda Express at the food court.

Everywhere was really busy and there were waits at outback and Bahama Breeze so we ended up in Burger King. I normally like a Burger King but they were overwhelmed and my food wasn’t hot. $22. Bacon double cheeseburgers for me and dh, double cheeseburger meal for ds and extra fries and onion rings.

I suppose it’s not too bad if your only not good meal of the holiday is the airport food on the way home.

Flight was fine, no food pictures though as I slept most of the flight and picked at the chicken curry. Dh had the pasta and said it was actually alright. Usual pretzel cream cheese thing for breakfast (can’t believe they are still serving that garbage) which I ignored and ate the cereal bar with a coffee.

We had breakfast at Nando’s which was good. Ds had the full breakfast. Dh had a sausage and egg roll and I had a sausage roll.

The Edinburgh flight was delayed, I hate this bit so much, as there was a problem with the plane so they needed coaches to bus us to a remote stand. We were delayed for over an hour and we were all tired and very cranky by then.

I wasn’t sure if it was too late or not to type up this trip report but I’m glad I did it. Thank you for all the encouraging comments, if I’d done it at the time it would have had more detail I’m sure. At the end of the day the trip reports hopefully give a review of resorts etc and they are great for us to look back on.
Old 1 May 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great last day! Pool time, a storm, butter beer, cookies and hanging our with Gru. What more could you want.

We have had a terrible burger from Burger King at the airport too it is always so busy there and I think it’s always hard when you know the trip is over.

Thanks so much for your report, it’s been lovely to see some new restaurants and some old favourites and all the fantastic adventures you had along the way. Hopefully it won’t be too long until we are all back in our Happy Place.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

I've really enjoyed your report too, thank you. We have also had terrible good at the airport burger king! Must remember next time.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

I’ve really enjoyed reading your report from start to finish. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for a much needed trip report, it has really lifted my mood and excitement to be able to get back to Orlando next year.
It’s a disappointment when the last food intake isn’t great . I normally buy a little feats from Cinnabon just in case !
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan x
Old 4 May 21, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

I've lived reading your report and thanks so much for taking the time to do it.
Hope you didn't have too much of a shock when you got on those scales again!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s been a great read thank you for taking the time xx
Old 4 May 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
A great last day! Pool time, a storm, butter beer, cookies and hanging our with Gru. What more could you want.

We have had a terrible burger from Burger King at the airport too it is always so busy there and I think it’s always hard when you know the trip is over.

Thanks so much for your report, it’s been lovely to see some new restaurants and some old favourites and all the fantastic adventures you had along the way. Hopefully it won’t be too long until we are all back in our Happy Place.
Thanks reading and keeping me going with your comments.

You can’t really complain if your only bad meal is a Burger King I suppose 😂

Fingers crossed we are travelling again at some point soon.

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
I’ve really enjoyed reading your report from start to finish. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Thanks for reading and commenting. I really enjoyed writing it although it’s giving me the longing for a new trip.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Thanks for a much needed trip report, it has really lifted my mood and excitement to be able to get back to Orlando next year.
It’s a disappointment when the last food intake isn’t great . I normally buy a little feats from Cinnabon just in case !
Aww that’s really nice to hear. It cheered me up writing it as well. It was nice going through all the older photos.

Have you got far in your planning for next year?
Old 4 May 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
I've really enjoyed your report too, thank you. We have also had terrible good at the airport burger king! Must remember next time.
Thanks for reading. Bahama Breeze was good when we tried that. There’s not great options if you don’t have time. Starbucks was mentally busy on one of our last trips even though it looked ok. I always think I’ll eat before security but then I panic about security taking ages...

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan x
Thanks for reading and commenting Joan. It gave me something to do over the holidays and it was nice to reminisce.

Originally Posted by anji View Post
I've lived reading your report and thanks so much for taking the time to do it.
Hope you didn't have too much of a shock when you got on those scales again!
Thanks for reading. I put on 3.5lb which I was more than happy with as I ate and drank exactly what I wanted. Plus I probably ate my own body weight in cheese and crackers 😂

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
That’s been a great read thank you for taking the time xx
Thanks for reading. Fingers crossed we all get these trips we’ve got planned. Are you planned for nearer the end of the year?