Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Watch a video drive through of i-Drive on YouTube.

There's been a lot of face lifting down the "less desirable" end of i-Drive. With the new Universal resorts and new restaurants etc, I think "less desirable" can be left behind now.

Plus ICON Park has made a huge difference slap in the middle with loads of great bars and restaurants.

You'll love wherever you are on International Drive now!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Samm
Excited about Disney

No definitely not dodgy but we just found all the nicer restaurants were from Icon park which is in the middle up towards seaworld end. We stayed for 3 weeks and it was absolutely fine, we loved it but we was just lazy and drove the car most nights or sometimes grabbed something on the way back from the parks if we’d had a long day. You can walk to the nicer restaurants but it’s probably around 30 minutes walk from surfside/dockside to icon park. I am constantly wondering whether I’ve done the right thing when I book somewhere but I would definitely stay again! We’ve just booked for next year and very nearly booked surfside again but ended up going for Cabana Bay and getting a 2 bed suite purely for extra space 😊
Samm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
Watch a video drive through of i-Drive on YouTube.

There's been a lot of face lifting down the "less desirable" end of i-Drive. With the new Universal resorts and new restaurants etc, I think "less desirable" can be left behind now.

Plus ICON Park has made a huge difference slap in the middle with loads of great bars and restaurants.

You'll love wherever you are on International Drive now!
Ah Thankyou was kind of panicking a bit then 😀 feel a bit better now 😊
kat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Samm View Post
No definitely not dodgy but we just found all the nicer restaurants were from Icon park which is in the middle up towards seaworld end. We stayed for 3 weeks and it was absolutely fine, we loved it but we was just lazy and drove the car most nights or sometimes grabbed something on the way back from the parks if we’d had a long day. You can walk to the nicer restaurants but it’s probably around 30 minutes walk from surfside/dockside to icon park. I am constantly wondering whether I’ve done the right thing when I book somewhere but I would definitely stay again! We’ve just booked for next year and very nearly booked surfside again but ended up going for Cabana Bay and getting a 2 bed suite purely for extra space 😊
Thankyou again I’m a very nervous person when it comes to booking especially as I booking for a large group! You just want it to be nice as they put all their faith in me 😀
kat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Samm
Excited about Disney

You’ll have a brill time there 😁😁
Samm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kat4
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Samm View Post
You’ll have a brill time there 😁😁
Thankyou I’m so excited 😆