Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
ncmurray, if you see our kitchen right now you will be sooo shocked! It's really bad, my son is cooking! It's terrible kitchen as it is but after teen cooking session it is danger zone
LOLOL... at least your teen son is actually cooking!

I love the idea of different colours and textures, especially dark colours on the lower cupboards and lighter on the top. Personally, I would choose a lighter coloured counter, because I think it shows fewer stains and marks. I have a Galaxy granite counter top, and Im slowly growing to hate it! Every single finger print or cup mark shows up immediately. Im so sorry I didnt go for something a bit (lot) lighter in colour!

I love dark blue/french blue cupboards with gold or copper accessories, with higher cupboards in a light grey. Although, I think emerald greens are becoming fashionable, and they are fantastic!
Old 12 May 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1990
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Florida, your kitchen is lovely! Love the wine rack
Thank you so much..💕 32 bottles of Red, White and Rose ..every kitchen should have one..
Florida1990 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I think we will try to create that type of moment in the dinning room the opposite wall to the kitchen. The space is limited in the kitchen so we need to think about making use of the dinning room for storage.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

So here are decisions made so far - lights & windows will be like this

And I am going to use flat and textured combination cabinets like this - not same shade!

Edited at 05:06 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

We're going for something like this ,different layout though, Navy Shaker style curved units and a sparkly white worktop ,I love different kitchen colours ! Lol
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I have two nearly identical threads, but I think this is more general so I will keep it going. We should change the name kitchen planning support group - lol there are so many decisions to be made!

Using pintrest to upload my images for the project, but I do have few kitchens uploaded on hte dibb. Any idea how to delete photos from the dibb?

So some colour shades

and the latest design. It's going to be very very close to this layout, tiny changes to be made I think

Edited at 06:22 AM.
Old 31 May 21, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

How long it is reasonable to wait for numbers from the builder. He was here on 12th of May and initially said next week but it's few weeks later now and the date keeps moving to just get the quote

But on other hand
He had his plumber in who did way more detailed assessment of the set up last week
he spend a lot more time looking at the set up himself compared to others

I was hoping to get it done before the end of the summer but this is starting to look unlikely
Old 31 May 21, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I am really furstrated with it

Builder one - quoted too low, and didn't want to admit and when we approached him to go ahead he stop responding
Builder two - fantastic guy, we really liked him and the quote but he refused us as clients unless we go with the cabinet maker that recommended him
So one and two were not an option

Builder 3
sounds good, quick to respond but
he said we can't have the door the way we want it due to manhole on the ground. That manhole is linked to sink that is moving on the other side of the wall, and he knows that as it's part of project meaning it's not going to be in use. It is concerning for me that he did not check this

Builder 4
Very detailed look at the house, including the above manhole. He send his plumber, who also did very detailed assessment and talked about things the most energy efficient way to move the boiler. but busy, slow to respond and the quote keeps moving
Old 31 May 21, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

So one and two are out as they declared themselves out or stopped responding

3 - should I consider him?
4- should I ask DH to call him and verbally get a number from him, to see at least if he is similar to the other 3?

or option 5 is that the kitchen company said they have guy they deal with, should I ask for him?
Old 31 May 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Nothing to lose with getting a quote from number 5.

I'd also ring and speak with number 4 and say can he give you an indication of a price and timescales if you were to go ahead.

I'm not sure I understand the issue with number 3. Can you speak to him and clarify?

Edited at 08:33 AM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List