Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 May 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Which car park has everyone booked? I went for ABP Parking and have gate 8 on my print out. I hope I've booked the correct one!
We booked airlynx Britannia wharf.
I looked at the ships berth and it said 101 which was the city terminal , but the site we looked at said sometimes they dont come back to the same berth, so we thought sod it, let's just get a car park off site which takes you to the ship in 4 minutes on a free bus. I think it was £43
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Does anyone know if there is a gala night ?

Not sure the hubbies up for dressing up ! Can we hide out in the pub on gala night if we don’t fancy full tucks ?
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Not sure but if it is then its probably nice dress and suit rather than tux and ballgown. When we were on the meriviglia hardly anyone had formal dress. We usually do but my washing machine had miraculously shrunken my posh frock during lockdown by about half a stone 🙄
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Not sure but if it is then its probably nice dress and suit rather than tux and ballgown. When we were on the meriviglia hardly anyone had formal dress. We usually do but my washing machine had miraculously shrunken my posh frock during lockdown by about half a stone 🙄
Great thanks
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

We've just bought my husband a new tux (he'd lost weight) in Matalan for the bargain price of £15! Jackets are £10, trousers £5, well worth a look.

Parking, I can't decide between Your Parking Space, where I can get 4 days at Holiday Inn Southampton on Herbert Avenue (basically right next to the city terminal) for £25, or to pay a fair bit more and park at the actual terminal. I have a blue badge, so it would be the closest you can be. Pros of this is obviously distance, and the fact you're not booked in to arrive and leave at a certain time, so if we arrived super early or disembarked late it wouldn't be a problem. Cons are it's £66, so considerably more than the Holiday Inn. According to the Your Parking Space website it is fully cancellable up to 24 hours before, but the space booked through AB Parking charge a cancellation fee of 20%.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Well after some disappointment this evening after finding out we can't go away, we soon turned it around and booked for the 24th May sailing for our anniversary. So excited, the ship looks amazing

Hope to see some of you lovely Dibbers onboard
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Well after some disappointment this evening after finding out we can't go away, we soon turned it around and booked for the 24th May sailing for our anniversary. So excited, the ship looks amazing

Hope to see some of you lovely Dibbers onboard
See you there ,we will have to arrange to meet up at a bar somewhere to celebrate your anniversary and my birthday
Old 9 May 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Barcud13
Proud to wear my Ears

We are looking at booking this cruise does anyone know what sort of activities they will be doing and if they are doing evening shows, we’ve cruised pre COVID just trying to get an idea of the differences. Also is there an indoor pool that under 18s can use

Ceri
Barcud13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

As far as I'm aware all the usual activities and shows are on ,that's what our travel agent said anyway. Not sure about the pool for under 18
Old 9 May 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Barcud13
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Fab thank you think we’re going to book the 1 June will be lovely to have something booked
Barcud13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List