Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

I noticed this too! We're umming and ahhing about whether to head back to Disneyland or WDW first, but so far the prices are edging us towards Disneyland
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've always paid about £1,000 per person for school holiday direct flights because we are limited to Manchester and Birmingham (and don't want to compromise on indirect/flying into Miami etc.) but we've paid £1,200 per person for Easter 2022 when we moved ours from this year.

It is more than we would normally want to pay but we wanted them sorted and after saving for another year we can (luckily) afford it.

I assume it is so much more expensive next year because there's so much more demand after this year being a write off for so many people.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
£1200pp ouch
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
£1200pp ouch
I agree but I wonder if that will just be the new price going forward? Who knows really!

I still dream of our 2017 trip when we got a Virgin package for £1,058 per person for a 3 bedroom condo. The good old days
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nquart View Post
We've always paid about £1,000 per person for school holiday direct flights because we are limited to Manchester and Birmingham (and don't want to compromise on indirect/flying into Miami etc.) but we've paid £1,200 per person for Easter 2022 when we moved ours from this year.

It is more than we would normally want to pay but we wanted them sorted and after saving for another year we can (luckily) afford it.

I assume it is so much more expensive next year because there's so much more demand after this year being a write off for so many people.

Can i ask who you have booked your flights with?
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by nquart View Post

Ouch! Seeing that £1200 hurt!

We've been pricing up a fly-drive with BA and its come up as £986pp for 2 weeks in Easter which I didn't think was too bad!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie-mai
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Ouch! Seeing that £1200 hurt!
A fight only from Manchester to Melbourne with TUI for 2 weeks at Easter is currently £1469pp. That's definitely an ouch!
ellie-mai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by ellie-mai View Post
A fight only from Manchester to Melbourne with TUI for 2 weeks at Easter is currently £1469pp. That's definitely an ouch!
TUI seems to be so expensive for next Easter considering they aren't even flying into MCO anymore! I thought their flights would be cheaper but I was mistaken, I think once the travel announcement is made today theres a chance they might rise even more

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
TUI seems to be so expensive for next Easter considering they aren't even flying into MCO anymore! I thought their flights would be cheaper but I was mistaken, I think once the travel announcement is made today theres a chance they might rise even more
I am really struggling as to why people would pay big money to fly into Melbourne and then drive/bus/whatever up to Orlando.

Surely it would be less hassle, possibly quicker (and a great deal cheaper) to simply fly an indirect into MCO via Atlanta, Philly or similar?
3 hour layover coming in and 1 hour flying home.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I am really struggling as to why people would pay big money to fly into Melbourne and then drive/bus/whatever up to Orlando.

Surely it would be less hassle, possibly quicker (and a great deal cheaper) to simply fly an indirect into MCO via Atlanta, Philly or similar?
3 hour layover coming in and 1 hour flying home.
I agree with you! We were pricing up possibly flying into Miami and then driving to Orlando but the MCO flight was only £70pp more expensive than the Miami flight and for that I would rather spend that extra for the MCO flight than do the 3-3 1/2 hour drive after travelling for that long

The only thing Melbourne is convenient for is the cruises