Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 May 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I have said from day 1... Only two things work in the end...

Distance or Vaccines

After that you might as well forget it.
A third- fresh air to blow away and dilute airborne particles.
Old 6 May 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Good news! The reduced distancing concerns me a bit as surely that will mean face masks are around for longer?
Old 6 May 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Good news! The reduced distancing concerns me a bit as surely that will mean face masks are around for longer?
No I don't think the two are connected.

This is all about increasing capacity and nothing else really.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

I thought that, but then thought that once the State relaxes the requirments on wearing a mask, Disney and the rest will soon amend their policy, they probably don’t like the idea of masks either, hence why they have already relaxed their rules.

Fingers, legs, arms, toes, anything crossed that masks are not needed soon🤞
Old 6 May 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Hopefully the most ridiculous thing requiring everyone to wear masks outside will be the next to go.

Then just need permission to return. Unless I have missed something, it will be interesting to see how long it takes Disney to follow Universal's lead and reduce to 3ft distancing (and whether that move is accompanied with the return of FastPass). Really starting to feel optimistic about August now...
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
Hopefully the most ridiculous thing requiring everyone to wear masks outside will be the next to go.

Then just need permission to return. Unless I have missed something, it will be interesting to see how long it takes Disney to follow Universal's lead and reduce to 3ft distancing (and whether that move is accompanied with the return of FastPass). Really starting to feel optimistic about August now...
I could be wrong but all indications are they’ve taken the chance to change Fastpass to this paid for version via the Genie app. Let’s hope something comes though as we don’t do queuing in our house, can’t be bothered.
Old 6 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Most on here seem to think masks at Disney will be around until next year. I can't see it personally. Maybe in shops but not outside, I've always thought that was a ridiculous rule anyway.
Old 6 May 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Most on here seem to think masks at Disney will be around until next year. I can't see it personally. Maybe in shops but not outside, I've always thought that was a ridiculous rule anyway.
Disney made a statement saying they would probably be in place throughout 2021 which some people then took as gospel. It was more about Disney managing expectations than anything concrete.

The reality is Disney will go with what makes people "safe".

Its very likely they will follow the road map published by Orange County.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Disney made a statement saying they would probably be in place throughout 2021 which some people then took as gospel. It was more about Disney managing expectations than anything concrete.

The reality is Disney will go with what makes people "safe".

Its very likely they will follow the road map published by Orange County.
I really hope this is the case! 🤞🏼 We're due there in August and I really don't think we will manage in the heat with masks, really hoping they're just limited to indoors by then.
Old 6 May 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Ah I’m so relieved to hear this - my temperature runs slightly high (discovered this due to checking our thermometer at the start of Covid and despite several tests since there is no reason for it!) - I’m not over the threshold but I was concerned that in the Florida heat and then being nervous about being refused entry that it might be perilously close! Lol! What a relief! 😂
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List