Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
snoopy
Getting to know the DIBB

Masks in October

Hi Everyone

I was reading the article on allears about the boo bash yesterday and something concerned me.

“Face masks will be required, and Disney has noted that costume masks will only be able to be worn by children younger than 14.”
To me this implies that they will definitely still be enforcing mandatory mask regulations throughout the parks in October as well.

We are due to fly with virgin on the 15th of October. We were very much hoping that masks would be voluntary by that point. Masks would be a big issue for us owing to the fact that we have a fussy 2 year old but more importantly half of our party are Deaf (British Sign Language users) and rely upon lip reading.

For these reasons we would simply have to postpone the holiday until next year if masks would be required whilst in the parks.

I just wondered what everyone’s thoughts were on this article/info about masks in October? Do you think this is set in stone? Likely just for the evening event?

Looking forward to reading your views.

Chris 😅
snoopy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Nobody knows the answer to this. A few weeks ago i would have said they will definitely be needed but now the USA is really coming along with dropping restrictions. Universal have moved to 3 feet distance, opened single riders, sitting guests with other parties and no longer leaving empty rows during shows.

I would now be quite surprised to see masks in October but as we have seen over the last year things can change quickly.

For this year I'm just expecting the worst and hoping for the best, I've cancelled my holiday and will rebook once I know exactly what restrictions are in place. I found the unknown to be too stressful.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Its so tricky to know what is coming in the near future with it all . I can only offer my sympathies as we're in a similar ship. We are due to go at the end of Oct and i really dont want to be wearing a mask over there, let alone have numerous tests pre-post flights .

Things are starting to relax a bit over there. Hand stations removed, distancing has been reduced to 3ft, staff are being brought back to the parks which would suggest them opening up more capacity soon. The masks will be the last to go, but alot can happen in 5 months.

We are kind of prepared to move dates should x2/x3 tests remain & masks required. Its all a waiting game still and i don't blame people for cancelling with all the uncertainty xx

edit: Oh, and i think i saw temp checks have been removed at certain parks when watching Tim Tracker recently x

Edited at 09:38 AM.
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Doesnt necessarily mean all the time!

Could be that they may be required in full as they are now...

Could be only required indoors...

Could be made optional..

I read somewhere that fully vaccinated people dont need to wear masks outdoors now (doesnt include in parks as they set their own rules) xx
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Currently they have an agreement with the workers unions that masks will be mandated for 2021 at least.

Nothing to stop that being re-negotiated but that is the current position. Makes no difference what the state or county lower their rules to, it is this agreement they would need to change.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

I would say it’s probably to early to tell and that Disney has probably included it as that is the current rules. As other posters have said a lot can change in the next 5 months and I would expect a lot of the current rules to have dropped off by October.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I read that to

BSL users here , we’ve already made the decision if masks are still required inside and out we are rejigging our plans . I think we can just about cope with masks inside , but outside as well , it’s gonna be such a strain on DH for that amount of time who like yourselves reli3s on BSL and facial expression / lip pattern . He’s experienced so many more headaches because he concentrates much more and with everybody wearing masks , it’s a lot harder to.

We have a plan B , to drop Disney if masks are in full flow in September when we go , and move the hotel part to next year ( weve already rebooked so not an issue) .

Hopefully , they will drop mask,wearing outside , we’ve a while to wait and anything can happen.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

We go 16th oct and like you hoping it will drop off but unlike yourself it won’t affect us if we have to do feel your worry.
My opinion is I think they will come off if things keep heading the way they are but as above we know how quickly things could go the other way!
I’m just looking forward to June time over here first and hoping we get fully relaxed on our rules inc mask wearing, I’m so tired of putting them on now to nip into the shops etc!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thing is if they tell you masks won't be required, then they are assuming they will be dropped.
They have to publish rules in line with current regulations.
Its easy to remove a rule later on, it's not as easy to add one.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

The Boo Bash starts in August so I can see why they’ve been express on it, as the previous poster has said it’s easier to take it away than add in. Especially as people will be buying tickets for the event and might complain if they hadn’t been advised on the masks.

I see temperature checks are being dropped and things are moving so quickly. If you look back to where we were as a country only 12 weeks ago it’s startling the improvements as the vaccine roll out unfolds.
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List