Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 May 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SkidSolo
Getting to know the DIBB

This just got me worried, we have made a booking on a villa for July 2023 and haven't really thought about much more than that yet.

However do I need to now think about booking park days ?
For both Disney and Universal ?
Do I need to purchase park tickets (They are not yet available only goes up to end of 2022)
And can I reserve parks this far out even though I am staying off site ?
Finally I normally buy 21 day Disney pass's, are these no longer available ?

Sorry if some of these already answered, but if I need to start booking I need to firm some plans up fairly quickly
Thanks
SkidSolo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SkidSolo View Post
This just got me worried, we have made a booking on a villa for July 2023 and haven't really thought about much more than that yet.

For both Disney and Universal ?
Do I need to purchase park tickets (They are not yet available only goes up to end of 2022)

Sorry if some of these already answered, but if I need to start booking I need to firm some plans up fairly quickly
Thanks
You have loads of time! Read the full thread and you’ll see there is no need to panic. Also, I hope by then they won’t have park reservations or if they do, they will be at full capacity anyway!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
If they've got a rough idea of guests with the park reservation system then surely that's better than not knowing the number of guests without the park reservation system.
The thing is, Disney already had a rough idea of the number of guests that were going to be in each park for each day via the fastpass booking system.

The only thing with the fastpass system was that some people might not have used it and/or might not book any fastpasses (for some reason). But, equally, some people would've booked fastpasses at a park "just in case" but then not gone to the park. I used to book a full 14 days of fastpasses even if I was never intending on visiting on all of those 14 days.

So it all balanced out.

Therefore, if/when Disney reinstates the fastpass+ system, it doesn't really need another system to give them a rough idea of how many people will be at which park.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2

Not for July 2023, no. No one can book park reservations for July 2023 yet. The system doesn't allow it and Disney aren't selling tickets for 2023 yet.

For your holiday, you only need to start worrying about park reservations in Early Spring 2023. Assuming the park reservation system still exists by then.

Disney isn't selling 2023 tickets yet and probably won't start selling them before January next year. So you can't purchase tickets for your holiday yet. It's far too early.

Timing-wise, there's no difference between onsite and offsite guests. Both types of guests can start booking at the same time. No one can reserve parks for July 2023 yet.

As already mentioned, it is far too early for you to start booking park reservations. You only need to start thinking about it in maybe 18 months time.

At the moment, 21 day tickets are not available. There is no information on when or if they will become available. The rumour is that they are gone for good. I suspect Disney UK won't sell them any more (it was only the UK that had these).

I wouldn't worry about what park tickets are available for 2023 until next year.

if I need to start booking I need to firm some plans up fairly quickly
Thanks
There is absolutely no need to start "firming up some plans fairly quickly" for a July 2023 holiday. Certainly not regarding park tickets and park reservations. The holiday is still over 2 years away. Relax. Chill. You've got plenty of time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List