Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Daisy_Do_72 View Post
2 tickets to see Tom Jones in Hyde Park through Sky... back in 2006 ish... was a great event.
That’s just reminded me we got 2 free days tickets to DLP for all 4 of us through Sky.
Was just supposed to be 2 tickets for 1 person , but when you know 3 friends who couldn’t use the freebie , well it was a shame not to take their freebies too 😀😀
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Ooooh thirteen years (so far) of free Sky TV , forgot about that.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Flight and then two weeks touring around Western Australia as a travel agent , all expenses paid and the boss of the tourist board even took us out on the Swan on his yacht .
£3K from the BBC for winning a TV show
£5K on a free online scratch card when Tombola first started
£5K from Letts diaries online competition.
Upgrade from a Priceline cheapie in the Vegas strip to a massive suite with balcony.
Upgrade on PanAm from Miami to Kennedy to Heathrow from economy to first class
TWA flight attendant on a domestic flight from St Lois to Orlando guessed we were on our honeymoon and gave us a bottle of champagne as we got off .
Two free tickets to anywhere on AA’s network (my son’s first Disney trip)

My luck is either really good or really BAD !
Wow, that’s a great list😊 well done.

I can’t think of anything like that! Even as a nurse during the pandemic lots of hospitals and different team got food, hand cream etc. Our team got forgotten🤣🤣.
Maybe I’m up next for a euro millions win 😅
Old 9 May 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My friend bought a group ticket to the London dive show which got entered into a draw and she won.
So the group of ten of us went on an all expenses dive holiday in Hurghada Egypt.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We got free London theatre tickets for Mary Poppins through a 'Tickets for Troops ballot' It was amazing.

Had a few others for just the booking fee (£2) too, Kieser chiefs, Carrie Underwood, cage warriors, Peppa Pig World and a few random kids shows.

And the best, although it's not exactly something that usually costs but we did get family of the day on our Disney Cruise.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some amazing freebies on this thread

We got upgraded from economy to business on Emirates and it was amazing. The champagne tasted so much better because it was free 😆
Old 9 May 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dad got a First class round the world trip from Pan Am after working there 30 years, we went to Australia, Hawaii and Miami and a day at at Disney. I was 13 and didn’t appreciate it!
I’ve won £100 ticket master voucher, £100 Waitrose pet voucher, mobile worth £350 at the time, iPod touch, £100 harvester voucher, tickets to watch England play at Wembley, tickets to Interstellar premier and the 300 film, tickets to silverstone and Elbow at the roundhouse . Various love to shop vouchers, hampers, dog toys and food items, shoes and clothes, handbags over the years. The worst thing was a PlayStation gift and they sent me some postcards!
I didn’t win for 3 months and gave up a few years back.
Old 9 May 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Benefited about £500 from not being billed by a gas/electricity provider for so long that when they eventually realised their error they weren’t allowed to bill for all the time they had missed.

A few years previously I had a final bill of £200 from another provider when I switched away but they never collected the DD and only asked for payment 2 years later, at which point they readily wrote off the balance when I asked what had gone wrong.

So the benefit of switching every year is not so much the unit prices, it’s the possibility that a provider will mess up their billing!
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've stayed in wonderful 5 star hotels all round UK and some in Europe, but they weren't freebies as such, though I didn't pay. I worked in clinical trials for new gastro drugs and as the trials were international, so were the meetings.

My best prize was a £7000 Silversea cruise from Istanbul to Athens in a raffle, at a Marie Curie Ball. DH got seasick, but it was a great freebie.
Old 10 May 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
That sounds like heaven.
Was going to say the same thing!

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List