Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

If avios flights cancelled what are the options?

Whether we get there or not, we have book flights with avios. What is BA stance if our flights are cancelled (hopefully not)? Do they let us rebook on a different date regardless or not if there is reward flight availability?
Many thanks for any advice
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Yes, I’ve done it 3 times so far on 2 different bookings that were booked in the 50% sale (so really don’t want to lose them).
Last year it took a couple calls to find someone to do it as some do not realise there doesn’t need to be reward seat availability for it. I also got other excuses like they couldn’t reissue tickets that are a year past the original booking date (this is also not true). I did one last month that did it first time no question, which I always have done.
I’m just waiting for Vegas flights to be released for next May. I’ve moved it twice now. It got cancelled last week.

I think the only thing you’re supposed to keep to is whether your original booking is peak/off peak.

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Further to this, my latest one that was cancelled last week actually seems to let me change the date online. The others didn’t have this option, so they may have automated it, which would be great. I’ll know for sure in 10 days time when my return flight is released.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yes, I’ve done it 3 times so far on 2 different bookings that were booked in the 50% sale (so really don’t want to lose them).
Last year it took a couple calls to find someone to do it as some do not realise there doesn’t need to be reward seat availability for it. I also got other excuses like they couldn’t reissue tickets that are a year past the original booking date (this is also not true). I did one last month that did it first time no question, which I always have done.
I’m just waiting for Vegas flights to be released for next May. I’ve moved it twice now. It got cancelled last week.

I think the only thing you’re supposed to keep to is whether your original booking is peak/off peak.
Ooh I didn’t know this. We hav3 6 x Avios seats booked for July/August to Orlando. No chance of ever finding that availability again - they often only release 2 x CW seats per flight. If they cancel our summer trip I will try and get it rebooked then. I was worried that if they cancelled it we would never get 6 x CW seats together again.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Ooh I didn’t know this. We hav3 6 x Avios seats booked for July/August to Orlando. No chance of ever finding that availability again - they often only release 2 x CW seats per flight. If they cancel our summer trip I will try and get it rebooked then. I was worried that if they cancelled it we would never get 6 x CW seats together again.
Yep they do! It’s amazing really. Head for points let me know about it.

They always release 2 cw seats for every flight on release day. Then they sometimes release more randomly at a later date, often nearer the departure date.

Only criteria for you is there must be 6 cash seats available of course!

Edited at 10:36 PM.
Old 9 May 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

They always release 2 cw seats for every flight on release day. Then they sometimes release more randomly at a later date, often nearer the departure date.

If that is the case I just have to decide whether to take them all out of college/Uni for 1 week in November, or fly over for Xmas
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Looking at travelling back after Easter 2022 (not on the weekend though) and BA have released the normal 4 Economy and 2 Club seats on the flight to Gatwick but the flight to Heathrow shows up to 6 Club, WTP and WT Avios seats available. Looks like they are being a little more generous with availability but obviously school holiday travel dates go first.

What we can't rely on is BA or any other airline continuing to offer flexibility for re-bookings and vouchers and at some point in the future they will stop but no one knows the answer to that.

Edited at 01:46 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for advising on this Softy, wasn’t sure what are options were but hopefully our august trip will be on, if not move to next year. Hope you get to Vegas.

Edited at 08:30 AM. Reason: Add text
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Hope we can get out there this summer, I was worried we wouldn’t get our seats if we had to rebook, we have 3 booked. Fingers crossed
Old 10 May 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

My Europe flights cancelled this year by BA, all my Avios points returned to my account, no issues at all.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List