Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 May 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

Mobile Staying on/near Universal?

We’ve always went with family but it’s just the 4 of us next year so looking to stay in one of the Universal hotels.

Queries so far:

1. If we hired a car do we have to pay parking at the hotel

2. Could we manage doing the Universal & Seaworld/DC parks without a car

3. Would we hate a hotel after staying in villas previously

4. Is £4K for next September staying in Dockside Inns a good price

Think that’s about it for now 😂👍🏻
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MickyC View Post
We’ve always went with family but it’s just the 4 of us next year so looking to stay in one of the Universal hotels.

Queries so far:

1. If we hired a car do we have to pay parking at the hotel

2. Could we manage doing the Universal & Seaworld/DC parks without a car

3. Would we hate a hotel after staying in villas previously

4. Is £4K for next September staying in Dockside Inns a good price

Think that’s about it for now 😂👍🏻
1. Yes. Between $18 and $28 per night depending on hotel.
2. Yes. Use Uber/Lyft etc.
3. & 4. No idea
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi we are staying at cabana bay Universal for the first time as not much more than staying at Dockside.

So I think parking in one of the budget or budget plus resorts is around $16 per night

If staying at Dockside they have shuttles that run to Universal parks from early morning until i believe about 2am.
They also run a shuttle to Seaworld but its not a frequent service throughout the day like the Universal shuttles but there is a trolley stop right near Dockside to get up and down international Drive including getting to Seaworld.

If you did look at Cabana Bay you can walk to all Universal Parks, Get the shuttle or walk across the path to Sapphire Falls and get the boat, There is also a private direct gate straight into Volcano Bay.
They also run a free shuttle to Seaworld. Same rules as Dockside, But if you wanted to get to International Drive to use the trolley just jump on the free shuttle to Dockside from City Walk which runs every 10 mins. So no car needed in either resort, Plus Ubers are very cheap and can work out a lot cheaper than a car.

I have done a villa, I have also done a Disney resort and also done Universal HRH.
So I love the space a Villa give. I loved the convenience staying on Disney/Universal gave and both gave a different type of holiday, But I didn't miss the villa I just wanted a little extra room while staying om site.
So thats why I chose Cabana Bay as it has a Family Suite giving that extra room, Like Dockside they also do the larger suites with small kitchen area. So although the quite the space of the villa it gives that extra room.

Is the £4.000 including flights and transfers, If including flights and a package for Four I would say yes if for 2 weeks, My Daughter paid a little over this for a Family Suite in Cabana for next September with TUI including transfers.

Hope this helps a little happy planning