Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
When printing an Esta

Is it ok to just print the page where it has Authorisation approved rather than the full pages at the time of applying if that makes sense lol.
Basically my iPad isn’t connected to home printer so could I just print at a later date ?
Old 11 May 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

My understanding from speaking with immigration T Boston on my last visit was that they didn’t even need to see it as they could pull it up from my passport number.
I just take the front page.. and just in case they ask for it.

Edited at 04:01 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Great yes If we had to prove it we can maybe I’m overthinking lol or over hopeful I will need one soon.
Old 11 May 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always just print the single summary approval page and do it straight away while we are still on line. However this extract from the official ESTA site suggests that you can retrieve it and print later.

Do I need to bring a printout or digital copy of my travel authorization to the airport?

No. DHS will be able to communicate a traveler's ESTA status to the carriers. However, DHS recommends that travelers print out the travel authorization application response in order to maintain a record of their traveler authorization application number and to have confirmation of their ESTA status.

U.S. regulation does NOT require a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) traveler to present a printed copy of the ESTA authorization page in order to travel. However, it is recommended that you print a copy for your records. If you did not receive or cannot locate your application number, you may retrieve the application through the ESTA website by entering your passport number, country of citizenship, passport issuance date, passport expiration date, and date of birth.

Mick
Old 11 May 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Printing an ESTA is completely pointless, it is tied to your passport.

Whilst there are often stories (from many years ago) about checkin staff at Thomas Cook allwoing printed ESTA's through, today if the ESTA computer goes down, no-one is travelling whether they have a print-out or not.

An ESTA isn't a guarantee to be allowed to travel for 2 years, it is a authority to travel for up to 2 years, but can be revoked at any point, so it needs a real-time link to your passport number

Priniting it might make you feel better, but really al you've done is waste soem ink and killed some trees
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Great yes If we had to prove it we can maybe I’m overthinking lol or over hopeful I will need one soon.
Having read maybe 90% of ESTA threads on here since they were made compulsory in Jan 2009 I've lost count of the number of posts from Dibbers who have been asked to produce a print out of their ESTA at UK check in.

Obviously shouldn't have to but who wants the aggravation of an argument at check in for the sake of a piece of paper?

Mick

PS It seems that I've been reading the wrong posts for the past 12 years - 50 odd posters and a dozen different airlines asking for print outs

Edited at 04:24 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

2 years ago when we travelled with virgin, we were waiting to get in line to check in and the virgin staff asked us to show copy of our estas before she would let us in the queue, not sure if they were Just checking we had one but she wouldn’t let us in until I showed her a copy.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

If you really want it take a screenshot on your phone.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We have always been asked did we have an east , not so far been asked to show it but yes I’ve heard of some folk who have been asked to show it .
Old 11 May 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Printing an ESTA is completely pointless, it is tied to your passport.

Whilst there are often stories (from many years ago) about checkin staff at Thomas Cook allwoing printed ESTA's through, today if the ESTA computer goes down, no-one is travelling whether they have a print-out or not.

An ESTA isn't a guarantee to be allowed to travel for 2 years, it is a authority to travel for up to 2 years, but can be revoked at any point, so it needs a real-time link to your passport number

Priniting it might make you feel better, but really al you've done is waste soem ink and killed some trees
Not the case potentially.
As happened to us in New York - the system was down. Only those with paper copies were allowed through. Those without had to wait until it was all fixed.
Rare, but possible. Seems silly not to print (at least to PDF though not sure if that was acceptable in our case).
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List