Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Mar 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tessiebear
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Just Keep Swimming 2018 - Here we go again! Day 1

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom

So despite hanging it out and not going to bed until gone 11pm Disney time last night I was still awake at precisely 4.13am this morning, and as hubby and callum were also both up by 6am and all the williams not long after we stupidly decided to deviate from the well organised plan 😡 and instead of eating at the hotel we thought we would make an earlier start to MK and grab breakfast there instead. Bus arrived on time and boarded with what seemed like 100 others that were nowhere in sight before it pulled up, which suited Sarah perfectly and I found we had 6 new lifelong friends (and almost adopted a baby) by the time we arrived some 12 long mins later 😂. Through bag check in less than 5 mins and spotted a short queue for the photo pass photographer so took advantage. It was the same fun photographer we had at AK 2 years ago, and much to Mikes horror (Mike who’s mantra is I don’t do photos under any circumstances) we spent at least 5 mins and got over ten pics after being put in several different poses.

We entered MK to Mike muttering “that’s it, I’m not having any more photos, that was awful and ruined my holiday already” only for me to spot another photographer almost immediately in front of the castle and get us another photo shoot again before mike could speak 😂😂. We Headed to Gaston’s for breakfast and We had cinnamon rolls and LeFous brew, both yummy but the cinnamon roll was huge

and defeated me before halfway! Son and hubby not up for pastry’s and wanted proper food for breakfast (read that as meat 😂 and we quickly regretted deviating from the plan this morning (I knew it!) when we couldn’t find anything suitable throughout the park! (There’s Very few non pastry breakfast choices it seemed) So instead chicken nuggets were hunted down and inhaled by my son by 10am within seconds. First ride of the day was the little mermaid, quickly followed with dumbo. Then our First fast pass was for buzz light year which I rode alone as the others coupled up and got so competitive (as evidenced in ride pics whereas I was smiley and super chilled) I couldn’t help but feel smug when thanks to my lazy eye 😉 I accidentally shot the ceiling only to find I only had hit the jackpot up there I didn’t even see 😂😂😂😂 - monster score later and I’m climbing off one happy bunny! Onto the buzz light year meet and greet and buzz had definitely had too many E numbers this morning, he was very lively! Into monsters inc theatre next with hubby asking me if it had an audience participation type thing (which he hates with a vengeance!) I confirmed it wasn’t and it’s just a pre recorded show to watch (which I genuinely wrongly thought I recalled from last time😂 hubby continues to try to research reviews via google (which is his thing all the time) whilst in the queue to be sure he was safe however park WiFi is really flaky today so had no luck. In we go and show starts and two mins in the camera focuses on an audience member to partake in the sketch, guess who comes up on the big screen in front of hundreds? You guessed it hubby (yep the same hubby that hates audience participation with a vengeance). Not one to brag but Not bad going even by my standard that by 11am I have managed to upset Mike with photographers, callum with no real food for breakfast and hubby for becoming the star of the show 😂😂. Moving on the heavens then opened so we ran to Peter Pan for our next fastpass, and whilst there I got an email to say our last fastpass for 7 dwarfs was swapped to an open fastpass as the ride was down when we’d come out of Peter Pan due to the weather. With the rain slightly easing we hot footed it over to pirates of the Caribbean which displayed a 35 min wait but was no more than 20. From their we went to Colombia harbour house for some lunch, more chicken nuggets for Barrie and callum (making only 28 today for callum so far!) I had the trio combo which includes chicken, fish and shrimp which was fine, edible but not something I would choose again.

After lunch the hunger/embarrassment was obviously too much and the boys/men left us to head back to chill at hotel for a bit whilst we continued on. We had booked Beth a bibbety bobbety boutique experience which cost $117 including tax, not cheap but great experience

and included tutu, tshirt and hair, nails and glitter! - she loved it. Lots of photopass pics later and advised on paying we could go to another studio inside the castle for additional photopass photos to be taken which we did. We then headed for tales with Belle, which was a great experience and fully recommend, it is a ten minute mini story of beauty and the beast where all children (and a few adults) are all given roles (Beth was a horse) and included in the story and a photopass photographer snaps away throughout so lots of natural interactions with Belle captured. After this we head back towards main street to catch resort bus back to hotel, stopping at another photopass photographer in front on Walt and Mickey by castle. We smile sweetly and ask for some pics and literally after taking a courtesy pic of us three he tells me and Sarah to step aside and proceeds to take 12 pics of Bea, doesn’t sound funny but it was hilarious the way he did it as we both felt it was like ok I’ll take one of you all but then you ugly bugs can step aside for the princess 😂😂. Queue absolute hysterics for the next half hour, we stop off at Starbucks on route to bus stop for a much needed skinny latte and Beth a mermaid cupcake! 1 qs credit each) Back at hotel for an hours chilling before changing for dinner and heading back to MK by car and via monorail to our Be Our Guest reservation at 9.15pm, which meant we ran the gauntlet of the fireworks mass crowd to the castle. Still with the open fastpass to use, and with 7 dwarves mine train reopen, me and the two boys forget our mantra of “no man gets left behind” after losing Mike and abandon them all and hot foot it there with just 10 mins before our reservation. Knowing we are seriously chancing our arm as the standby queue is 2 hrs we manage to ride and get to bog just 5 mins late, only to find they are running 15 mins late anyway! Bog was amazing from start to finish, excellent waitress, fantastic food, I had the shrimp and scallops pasta, callum the steak, Barrie the chicken and desserts all round. Photo op with the beast,
and out the castle to a closed park which was beautiful! A slow walk to the ferry back to the car park and home by 12 absolutely shattered with all modes of transport used! ✅😂😂

Tomorrow Universal! And no deviating from plans! 😂😂

Until then...
Teresa x
Tessiebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds like an action packed first day, shame about the breakfast options but your dinner sounds really good to make up!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day, thanks for sharing.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Wow thats a busy first day..
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Just read your travel day and day 1. Great start to your holiday. I would have loved to go to Disney for my 18th birthday
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lol at Monsters Inc 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I actually screamed ‘oh no’ when reading about your poor hubby ending up on the screen at Laugh Floor, happened to my OH a few years ago, and I didn’t think he would ever forgive me.

Sounds like a very special day for Beth, so lovely she got to enjoy some girl time.

I can’t believe how late you were out on your first day, you must have been utterly exhausted!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List