Crazy 😜
Old 7 Mar 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Unfortunately we are going in the first 2 weeks of August so we are going to miss the opening, which I'm really sad about. I know it's crazy as when we thought the opening of star wars wasn't going to happen until nearer the end of the year I didn't mind at all, but now it's so close to our stay it seems such a shame we will miss it.

I think it's going to be crazy busy, but it's something awesome to be able to say you were there on the day they opened star wars it's going to be something to remember. Perhaps if you approach it with the idea of just being there and soaking it all up without the expectation of actually doing anything in star wars then whatever you do get done will be a bonus? Plus hopefully the rest of the park will be a walk on like everywhere other than avatar in AK!

I'm hoping all of you who are there for the opening have a brilliant time and I'm only a teeny bit jealous (ok a lot!) But I'm really happy you will get to experience it and I'm hopeful you will share loads of photos.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
We actually fly back 28th and although DH a bit disappointed I am hoping it makes our trip a little quieter with people waiting til 29th! Plus an excuse for a further trip in a couple of years when the mayhem has died down and the 50th anniversary celebrations see more new attractions available 👌
I was thinking that too, maybe lower crowds are our silver lining for missing out.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I think it will be crazy. One reason for going this year rather than next was to avoid the first year of Star Wars! We fly home on the 1st so it will be opening just before we go, my boys are hoping we can get on the ride, but it may well be too manic. I don’t know if it will make the rest of our trip busier or quieter, whether people will hold back trips until it is open, or others will go earlier to avoid it.

Do you think there is any chance they will open Mickey and Minnie’s railway by then too?
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rlhlw
Proud to wear my Ears

We're going 10-24 Aug. Hoping for Galaxy Edge soft opening. No idea how soft opening works, does it get announced anywhere or do we have to go to HS everyday and hang about? Our initial intention was to go before GE opens in hope of less crowds.

Staying offsite in 2 bed villa at Sheraton Vistana (again) & can't wait!
rlhlw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
And us! We (me and my 8 year old daughter) are going from 14th - 28th August staying at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort. No Disney for us (done it to death for the last 4 years and getting gradually more unimpressed with the decline of quality and upping of costs). Going to Discovery Cove plus Busch Gardens, Sea World, Aquatica plus IOA, US and Volcano Bay. Looking forward to a stress free holiday without having to book dining and fast passes! Flying with Virgin - direct on the way out and via New York on the way back (good prices when I booked - just over £500 each).
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
We are looking at going for 3 weeks next August. 2 weeks at animal kingdom lodge in a 1 bed with our dvc points and 1 week somewhere else. Nothing booked yet
Maybe see you there! We head off to AKL on 5th August.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

27 August to 10 September for us staying at ASMu and cannot wait 😊😊😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
fudgesky
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
And us! We (me and my 8 year old daughter) are going from 14th - 28th August staying at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort. No Disney for us (done it to death for the last 4 years and getting gradually more unimpressed with the decline of quality and upping of costs). Going to Discovery Cove plus Busch Gardens, Sea World, Aquatica plus IOA, US and Volcano Bay. Looking forward to a stress free holiday without having to book dining and fast passes! Flying with Virgin - direct on the way out and via New York on the way back (good prices when I booked - just over £500 each).
Were in the same boat as you guys!
Done Disney nearly every year for past 10 years. Not done universal for while. Me & 13 year old daughter staying in Cabana Bay from 12th Aug for 2 weeks. First time without a car so will try Uber for anything off site. See you round the pool !

The Osborne's Do Orlando:-
Nov 09 Marriot Cypress Harbour . June 10 Vista Cay . April 11 Cypress Point. Feb 12 Vista Cay . July 12 Vista Cay/Clearwater. Nov 13 Marriott Grand Vista . Oct 15 Marriott Grand Vista/Clearwater. . May 16 Sheraton Vista . April 18 Dibb Villa. Aug 19 Universal Cabana Bay
fudgesky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi everyone 😊 I only ever look on the trip planning bit but just stumbled across here! We're going 7th-28th August staying at POR, the time is flying by now 😊
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List