Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Mar 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going to get a Lyft or Uber to Port Canaveral In a few weeks. We always have a car when we go to Florida and this is our first onsite stay and Disney Cruise so we are going to try out not driving. My DH drives for a living so it’ll be a break for him. We drove to Port Canaveral a few years ago though and found it an easy drive
I’ll try to remember to update the thread on how much the lyft/Uber cost. As you’ll see from my countdown it’ll be very soon!
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We are going to get a Lyft or Uber to Port Canaveral In a few weeks. We always have a car when we go to Florida and this is our first onsite stay and Disney Cruise so we are going to try out not driving. My DH drives for a living so it’ll be a break for him. We drove to Port Canaveral a few years ago though and found it an easy drive
I’ll try to remember to update the thread on how much the lyft/Uber cost. As you’ll see from my countdown it’ll be very soon!
Have a fabulous holiday
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 03:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I do the drive twice a month. It is extremely easy. Basically you drive past the airport and keep going in a straight line to the coast. There are a few tolls but if you use Sunpass you don't even slow down. The total charge is approximately $5 each way. I have auto top up so haven't really paid attention. Just check the daily Sunpass usage fee as well. I believe Alamo is one of the cheapest. I wouldn't pay for a full tank of petrol for a one way rental. There are plenty of gas stations once you get past the port and near the car rental places. There is absolutely nothing between the airport and the port so don't plan on stopping for breakfast or anything else though.
Old 12 Mar 19, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I do the drive twice a month. It is extremely easy. Basically you drive past the airport and keep going in a straight line to the coast. There are a few tolls but if you use Sunpass you don't even slow down. The total charge is approximately $5 each way. I have auto top up so haven't really paid attention. Just check the daily Sunpass usage fee as well. I believe Alamo is one of the cheapest. I wouldn't pay for a full tank of petrol for a one way rental. There are plenty of gas stations once you get past the port and near the car rental places. There is absolutely nothing between the airport and the port so don't plan on stopping for breakfast or anything else though.
Thanks for the info on petrol stations and there being nowhere to stop for breakfast, all very good to know!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I use a Cortrans shuttle. Its a fabulous company. You do have the hassle of having to get to MCO as that's where they pick up, so I get the MDE. Its a van type thing for about 10 ? people. Its also very cheap and efficient. You pay on the day and they drop you off right at your cruise terminal and pick you up on your return or you can book one way.
Old 15 Mar 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are staying on site and it's a Disney cruise I would consider using the Magical Express.